Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Leaves have Fallen !

Good morning !  I'm looking out my craft room window at our back gardens and can see that all the leaves have fallen !   We always enjoy getting fresh air & exercise raking them.   They also inspired the theme for this card.!


I had a lot of fun with these stamps from Designs by Ryn - Leaves set - CM-F5.   I love the movement in the leaves.

Once again I used Smooch Inks (Pool & Pumpkin) to create the background.  I used the smallest leaf in the set to stamp onto the Smooch Inks with Brilliance Galaxy Gold.    

I stamped out all 3 leaf sizes onto white glossy card stock, embossed with gold and then coloured them with Pumpkin & Ocean Soul Smooch Inks.   A colour-box stylus with the black moldable tip works well to  blend these pearlized inks which add a beautiful sheen..      I cut the leaves out and attached them in a pattern that just might be on our lawn !

I layered the background onto co-ordinating card stock and added the sentiment from Kaisercraft - Life Sentiments.   The finishing touches include gold border stickers by Starform, ribbon and a cool little leaf charm that matched in design.


Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great day !
Shirley

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow, Shirley, the colors are outstanding and the way you layered and mounted the leaves is just gorgeous!!

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley,such beautiful and vibrant colours! And you've made a great card with that leaf stamp! greetz Miranda