Friday, November 18, 2011

Harlequin Christmas !

Good Evening !

I'm posting a Christmas card that I created with a beautiful set of stamps called "Harlequin Christmas" from Chocolate Baroque in England.   What a yummy company name and what gorgeous stamps they have.     My sister who lives in Amsterdam, generously gave this set to me as a gift while on a visit here recently. 

I've been following Miranda, a talented lady who is on the design team for Chocolate Baroque and Posthumas stamp store in Amsterdam.    I love the Posthumas store as they have a huge selection of art stamps along with gorgeous card samples.  You can find Miranda on my Blog list under  'Mir'acle art Inspirations.  She recently posted cards that were designed using this set which inspired me to create with them.

I used 3 stamps from the set of 7 to create this card.  


I embossed the background with Ruby Pearl powder and then blended on some Bundled Sage Distress Ink.    The top panel and ornament were embossed with a deep purple (Eggplant) powder.     I added some distress inks again.   I highlighted the triangles on the top panel with Mica colour Interference paints to create a sheen to make them stand out.    I also added some of these paints to the ornament along with some glitter.   I cut out the ornament and popped it up, added a bow, layered with co-ordinating card stock.    I'm anxious to experiment with other ink & embossing powders with this beautiful set.


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting !
Shirley

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Shirley !!

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, you have a very nice sister and she sure know how to make you happy!
You have made a lovely card with it! It's a beautiful sheet and you can experiment a lot with it......looking forward to your creations with it! warm greetz from Miranda

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Sirley this one is awesome. Love it. Beautiful colors and combination. The stamps from Choclate Baroque are so beautiful.
Lovely greet
Marja

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
WOW what a beautiful beautiful card! You have done that nice Harlequin set justice, very nice card, looks rich, and so gorgoeus! Beautiful colours, very deep and how very cool the way you put the stamps together and made this excellent blend, that looks so well together! A real beauty! Your techniques amaze me each time! (glad you are enjoying the gift! :))
Warm greetings from Marn :)

Shirley said...

I follow Miranda's blog too! I love your use of that stamp set. The way you layered the images, your use of the EP, and the placement of your ornament and bow are all wonderful! Beautiful, Shirley!!