Sunday, November 20, 2011

An Artful Christmas Tree

Hi everyone !

When I first started making cards I didn't understand what the attraction to rubber stamps was.     It seemed that it was too easy to take a stamp, stick it into black ink and stamp it on paper.  I thought that was it !   Obviously I was very wrong and once again while in Amsterdam, my Aunt & Cousins showed me that it's much much more  !    I quickly got hooked on stamps, inks, embossing powders and what you can do with them !   

I used this great stamp from the Artful Stamper.   (CM1133R Christmas Tree)


To create this layered tree !



I stamped the tree twice on a medium green card stock and embossed with gold.   I used Mica colour Interference paints to add shimmer.    I cut the tree in 4 places and then popped the 5 layers onto the first tree with clear adhesive caulk (from a hardware store).   The pattern paper is from Memory Keepers - Peppermint.   I used liquid pearls & stickles for the ornaments on the tree.    A sentiment, ribbon, a pearl cluster and Starform border stickers are the final touches.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day !
Shirley

7 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Shirley this is wonderful. Lovely and beutiful creations, like the pearls too. Fabulous.
Have a nice day and lovely greet
Marja

Anonymous said...

Very nice !!

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
I really really love this card!! What a very nice and beautifully unique Christmas tree!! Really nice technique on the layering, what a great look! I am impressed with this technique! The shimmer effect is great too! nice touches with the pearls and stickles for decorations! Well done again! Really gorgeous!
Greetings from Marn :)

curlypow said...

Another winner Shirley, it's gorgeous.

Anneke van Groen said...

OMG...anotoher awsome card made by my cous!!!!! Super super nice....you have to teach me next time in Amsterdam. You have such beautiful stamps and you create miracles with them!!! xxxxx Anneke

Ellen Taylor said...

Shirley your dimensional tree is terrific and your background is gorgeous!Beautifully done!

Shirley said...

Of course, I love The Artful Stamper, and you did this image justice. I like how you layered it, the DP BG, the gold edging, and how you trimmed and layered your wonderful sentiment too!