Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Seasons' Greetings with a Doodle Poinsetta

Season's Greetings !      I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the season !

I'm posting a Christmas card today that I created with one of my new 'Shirley Doodle' stamps !  Crop Circles are getting closer to launching their new website that will feature a web store and their new line of stamps including 'Shirley Doodles'.       

Early in 2011, I brought a few of my 'doodled' cards into Crop Circles and the owners Ted & Helen thought the images would be fun if they were rubber stamps.     I don't feel that I'm an artist - I just like to 'doodle' and the images are simple & whimsical.   I had no thoughts of turning them into stamps.    It's been 'surreal' to have stamps made from my Doodles.   The focus this past fall was understandably Christmas images but there are more to follow.  I especially love to Doodle flowers with ink pen, colour with Tom bow markers and then create simple cards with them.

This poinsetta is one of 3 Shirley Doodle poinsetta's that are available at Crop Circles.  


The background for this card was created with Impression Obsession's Cover a Card CC053 Holly.  (I love those stamps !)   I stamped it on white card stock with Versamark Ink and embossed with gold.   I used Distress Inks Aged Mahogany & Bundled Sage to colour over the embossing.   The Poinsetta (Shirley Doodle) was stamped three times and embossed with gold.    I used the Sage Distress Ink on one flower and Aged Mahogany on the other two.    I also used Tom Bow markers to add dimension and Diamond Stickles for sparkle.     The flowers were cut out and layered as shown above and matted with burgundy & green card stock.   A few rhinestones were added for the finishing touch.   I also used Spellbinder Nestabilities:  S4143 & Cuttlebug Folder:  Divine Swirl.



Thanks for stopping by and Season's Greetings !
Shirley

6 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A very classy card Shirley - the gold embossing is wonderful and I love the combination of pinks and greens. Great mix of textures too.
Thank you for your lovely comment - it brought me over here and I have really enjoyed looking at your beautiful work.
Have a very happy Christmas - Sylvia x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Shirley this is gorgeous. What a beautiful stamps and beautiful layout. nice background and colors. Love this very much.
I will thank you for your lovely reactions on my Blog. I am very happy with that and I wish you very happy, warm and loving Christmasdays.
Lovely greet Marja

Ellen Taylor said...

Love all the texture in your gorgeous card Shirley! Amazing background work to go with that beautiful pointsettia! Have a very merry christmas Shirley!

Shirley said...

Your Poinsettia is just awesome! Gorgeous card and love the embossing too! If I don't get back before Christmas, have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year!!

shatril said...

Oh how I love green and pink. This is such a visual delight. I also love, love Outlines Stamps. TFS

Ina G said...

Thanks for the explanation on how you made this beautiful card. The green and pink are so lovely.