Friday, December 09, 2011

Penny Black - Pink Poinsetta

Good morning !  

We have a light snow here, winter has arrived and it looks much more 'Christmasy' !     It's a busy time of year and harder to find time for blogging,  but I will do my best to add a few more posts this year !    

I'm posting a Christmas card that I created with a gorgeous Penny Black stamp.   It's a great stamp to use for cutting and layering which I enjoy so much with my card designs.    I find the cutting very relaxing.  I also really enjoy creating my own backgrounds from inks & stamps but I still have a 'passion for paper'.   I have a 'stash' of designer papers hanging out here.   A fellow blogger recently wrote how she liked to 'hoard' papers and I laughed to myself as I can relate.   Why do I feel that I might run out of paper ?   I have to tell myself that there will always be other papers that I will fall in love with too !  So I need to keep using my paper !   


The background on this card is actually not Christmas paper but it works well.   It's from Graphic 45's, Once Upon a Springtime collection.      I also love their Christmas lines.

I stamped Penny Black's Christmas Star 4104K twice and embossed with gold on white paper that is suitable for watercolouring.   I used Tom Bow markers (with water on my non-stick craft sheet)  to colour  both flowers.   I cut them out, but didn't use all the petals from the 2nd poinsetta and layered them as shown above onto the designer paper.   I also stamped the flower on burgundy card stock in gold ink that you can see on the edges of the mat under the designer paper.     The sentiment (by Craftsmart) was also embossed with gold on co-ordinating card stock.    A gold bow, green stickles and burgundy pearls are the finishing touches !

Thanks for stopping by !
Shirley

6 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Very beautiful Shirley. The flower is fabeulous with the golden ambossing. The bakground amazing.
Super combination.
Lovely greet
Marja

Anneke van Groen said...

Hee Shirl....Once again a BEAUTIFUL card! I love the colours and the paper from Graphic45. I also have a lot of paper from Graphic 45....i also find it dificult to use my beautiful paperstack....but as you said...always new paper in the stores! haha....xxxx Anneke

Ellen Taylor said...

Hi Shirley! You have out done yourself with this beautiful pointsettia! To me it always looks like more love went into a card when you have fussy cut something! Stunning card you made!! We won't even begin to discuss my supply hoarding, a PHD. would be required~LOL Have a most fabulous day!

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, I see I've missed some of your beautiful creations, love them all and the poinsettia and peacock in particular! greetz, Miranda

Marn said...

Hi there Shirley!
I LOVE this card!! What a very pretty flower and you have made it even prettier the way you use it! So nice! I also agree that the paper is gorgeous, love that Graphic 45 look! Great colour combination again too! Super gorgoeus card again! Season's Greetings!
Greetings from Marn :)

Daniele said...

this is stunning, just loving all that pink with gold and the background paper looks perfect
hugs