Monday, April 25, 2016

Crealie Flowers, Damask background and Ryn's Waterdroplets

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I've had a lot going on and when my energy is gone so is my mojo for creating but I enjoyed some time in my craft room yesterday afternoon. 

I used favourite colours, Crealie dies, stamps by Chocolate Baroque and the amazing water droplets by Designs by Ryn to create the card below.  


I started with Distress Inks (Violet and Citron) on an Acrylic plate and spritzed with water to create the background.  I also sprinkled a little Brusho powders, spritzed more water and let it run over the inks.    I over stamped with using the same inks and a couple of stamps from Chocolate Baroque's Dusky Damask set.

I stamped Designs by Ryn's water droplets from the unmounted Textures Sheet with Cobalt Versafine ink. 
I removed some of the ink from the water droplets by dabbing water over top with a brush and blotted with paper towel.  Next I added some colour back, dried with a heat gun and highlighted with a white pen.

It's so much fun to create the flowers using white cardstock.  I used the following Crealie Dies:  Uno No 17 Flower 11, Set of 3 No 17 Flower 11, Duo Set No 20 Swirls, and Double Fun No 12.  Using finger daubers and Distress Inks I coloured and then molded them using a stylus and foam mat.

The matting is navy blue and not black as appears in the photo.



Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great week,
Shirley

25 comments:

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Amazing Composition, the drops of water look so real, I love the color combination too.
Big hugs Anja

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card and colours. Looks like a good mojo to me! Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

I so love this colour combo you use Shirley and your artistic approach to a lovely piece.

B x

Sue said...

So gorgeous Shirley sorry I've been MIA and haven't been blogging regularly but I'm hoping I'm back LOL lots of huggles Sue xxx

Riannerizanti.blogspot.nl said...

een heel mooi kaartje met een mooie bloem en kleurtje ,

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Nice background. The colors do very well together. The flowers that you make, I always find very beautiful. Greetings Janny

chrissie said...

Wonderful card with beautiful colours and flowers..always great to see how you use the Ryn stamps

Nice to see your mojo returning

Love Chrissie xx

Miranda said...

A beautiful composition and a real Shirley card, love it! Hope you are doing OK? A lot of going on......it can be good or otherwise.....thinking of you, xx Miranda

Pat said...

Another fabulous card Shirley and the colours are wonderful. The Crealies flowers always look so pretty too. I don't think that mojo was every missing, I think he was just hiding for a while. x

Unknown said...

Stunning! What a beautiful and elegant card you have created. Just love the colours. x

Greta said...

Love the violet & citron & how you put it all together! Gorgeous card, Shirley!

Crafting Queen said...

Another stunning card, love the colours. Hope you find your Mojo again. Hope Archie is well after his visit to the vet. Sending purrs and hugs.

Enny said...

Such a beautiful card, and lovely colours ! Hope you'll find time and peace to create again soon. x Enny

maria's knutselplezier said...

What an amazing creation again Shirley , you are so good with these colours I love the background very much and your flowers are stunning!!

Have a nice week!!!
MAria

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love your signature style and have been eyeing those water droplets for some time now. You have a keen sense of how to put everything together to create a beauty such as this card. Your flowers are always so beautiful. Have a great week. Isn't it nice to have spring appearing?

Donna Ellis said...

The minty color combined with the lavender really looks fantastic. Shirley, I've never seen anyone combine these colors before, and not sure why because they are opposites on the color wheel (I think LOL) maybe they just seem to be in my mind's eye. Really gorgeous together, so I can see why you have fallen in love with this combo and are enjoying crafting with it! A beautiful card full of nature's loveliness as it riches out and blooms in response to April's Showers. Gorgeous! Glad you have time to craft again. I've missed your masterpieces! hugs, de

Gerrina said...

All those favorites make a great card! Love how you coloured the Crealiesflower! Hugs, Gerrina

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley, great that you enjoyed some time creating :) Love your combination of colours - as usual ;) The purple and green combo especially reminds me of Spring. The droplets look awesom too! Many thanks! Xo

Felicie said...

Absolutely stunning.I really love this card.
Greetings
Felicie

Sophie said...

Eine weitere bezaubernde Shirley-Karte :-)

Liebe Grüße

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm stunned that you can create such a beautiful card when your creative mojo is lacking. It's a knockout. Have a fabulous weekend! xo

froebelsternchen said...

AMAZING! This are the colors that make me happy! Awesome design Shirley! Happy weekend!
oxo Susi

sheila 77 said...

I'm always in awe of your 3D flowers, and I love reading about the colours with the different names and materials you use.

MaryH said...

You're back to your terrific backgrounds, and this one is a beaut! Enjoyed reading the different painting techniques involved to create this one. And the raindrops make it even more spectacular. How dimensional these look with the gorgeous flowers. Love it! As I always do! TFS & Hugs

Sandy said...

I am looking to see if I have missed anything and sure enough - here is one I missed. I really love this card and when it comes to colors - you are pure magic! Love the water drops too.
Sandy xx