Friday, June 29, 2012

ATC Exchange

Hello Everyone,  I hope you are having a great week.    My knee is slowly improving and my index finger is much better, but still can't bend these joints.  I had a visit to the fracture clinic this week and the very good news is that I don't have damaged ligaments in my knee.  I'm still moving very slow and of coarse there is pain if I try to do too much.  It's difficult to look at gardens that need work and ignore them.    OK no more whining....

Two weeks ago I traded ATCs with a talented lady,  Maria, who lives in Belguim.   You will find her beautiful work at her Blog:  Maria's Knutselplezier.  (translated is Maria's Craft Pleasure).    Sometimes overseas mail takes a while but early this week I received a beautiful ATC from Maria.    

Below is the ATC that I mailed to Maria: 


I created the background with Tombows, water & salt.   The images are from Chocolate Baroque Gossamer Wings.   I stamped the image with black ink direct to the background.   The wings were stamped again on Velum and coloured with Tombow markers.  I popped up the 2nd wings for a little dimension.    I also coloured in the butterflies.   I used a black pigment pen to add the 'grass' outline.   I doodled a flower on the back but forgot to take a photo. 

Below is the BEAUTIFUL ATC & envelope that I received from Maria.   It was like getting 3 in one !   


Envelope with ATC inside
 


Envelope open

Inside envelope has another piece of artwork

THE ATC !!!
Maria included lots of beautiful inking, stamping, masking and colouring with Copics on all these pieces.  I love it.  Thank you Maria !

That's all for today, I hope to be back creating soon.  Thanks for your visit and have a great weekend,
Shirley

18 comments:

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Your background with Tombows, water and salt is awesome, love the color combination and the whole ATC.
But also Marias pieces for you are fabulous!
Wish you a nice weekend dear Shirley,
xox Anja

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Your background is marvelous Shirley, and nice the ATC's from each other.
I follow maria for a longer time and she made wonderful and beautiful work.
Wish you a nice weekend and a big hug dear Shirley.
Marja

Gery said...

Good to hear you're doing a little better, but be patience!
Lucky you with your post from Maria.
She really makes such beautifull things and all kinds.
Love your ats too, because I simply love fairies.
I always search for them between and on the flowers in my garden.
There is a stamp that says: a rustle of the wind tells you that a fairy is near. Well, the rustle I feel, but the fairy...
Just sit in your garden, close your eyes (so you don't see what has to be done) and try to feel the rustle of the wind and enjoy, it is relaxing.
Have a nice weekend, love Gery

Karin said...

wow beautiful ATC's, all of them! and the ATC envelope, which Maria made for you, is gorgeous i think! Have a nice weekend and its good to hear that you are feeling a bit better again!

Sophie said...

Wieder so hübsche Kreationen.
Ich bin immer wieder erstaunt über die vielen verschiedenen Techniken.
Die Karten sind sehr sehr schön, liebe Shirley

Ryn Tanaka said...

Love both ATC's. I'll have to check out Maria's blog :)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Hello, Shirley, thank you very much for all the nice things you says from me, and olso the other nice people who speak with a lot of kindness , I really am surpriced and thankfull, I'm not used that I get so much complimets!! But I'm so glad that you have send an ATC to me with the salt technic, I liked it so much but with seeing your ATC and explication I fanally know it now too!!! Thank you Shirley, you are very kind!!!

Greetings and have a nice weekend

Maria

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great trade Shirley...your atc looks great with the rich greenish colors and the black stamps!
But Maria has send you amazing artwork...wow you will be happy with the 3 in 1 :-)

greetings, Alie :-)

Shannon White said...

Wow Shirley! Your ATC is so Vibrant and Lovely! love the little fairy silhouette! 8-) Ad the card you friend sent you is just So Pretty too! Such A Sweet friend you have! 8-) SO glad to hear you are on the mend! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Weekend
Shannon

Miranda said...

Lovely ATC Shirley and working with ink salt and water is always a surprise and joy! Also a lovely gift and the return of Maria is also beautiful! She creates beautiful art work, hope you can enjoy your 'rest'and surrender to doing 'less', warm greet Mirandax

G Peplow said...

Hi Shirley, Glad to hear that you're improving;0) Gorgeous ATC from both you and Maria, clever colour work and Maria's envelope is so pretty and your fairy so delicate!! Have a good week, xxx

Anonymous said...

WOW !!!

Saakje said...

Hi Shirley. Those A.T.C. are beautifull. Your b.c. is so colurfull.
Nice that you got one back. Those is also very nice. A few years ago Anneke has done it a few times.
I wish that your body heals very soon. Take good rest!!!!!!!
lots of warm greetings. Saakje.

Sarn said...

WOW - that's an amazing ATC and holder from Marie. Your fairy one is really lovely too.

Swapping ATCs is fun isn't it . . . a lovely surprise in the post instead of a bill.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

cparsons said...

They are both gorgeous, but I simply ADORE the second one!! The colors and the shapes are so cool:)

Ellen Taylor said...

Stunning fairy card Shirley! It has such a magical feel to it! Your return ATC is beautiful too! Happy mail is always good!

Gisèle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gisèle said...

your work is wonderful Shirley and love your garden picks; wow !
I live close by in gatineau; always love finding fellow Canadian Crafters....xooxox G