Saturday, March 03, 2012

A True Blue Sweet Ostrich

Hello Crafters !     I still have the wicked cough from the cold/flu I had this week, but I'm starting to get my energy back today as I managed to create a card this evening for IO's "True Blue" challenge while my DH is watching a Hockey Game.     You will find all the details and the beautiful creations by the Design Team at Impression Obsession's Blog.

I used the same colour theme as the card in my last post, but with more blue.   I also took the opportunity to use a fairly new IO stamp,  a sweet Ostrich, and my new Crealies dies again to create a few flowers !     I have another Ostrich from IO (Victorian Ostrich) that I also love but this one was so cute with the hearts, I 'needed'  it too !   This stamp will work well for Valentines day cards.



Impression Obsession Stamps:   CC108 Cover a Card Greenery.    I use this one a lot, but I own many more.  I Love them.  The Ostrich is F2299.

Dies:   Crealies  CL CF 18 Flowers & CL CS 11 Shapes & Nellies Multi Frames Oval MFD007.

Note on March 4th:    Crealies Dies are available in the Netherlands at www.crealies.nl .    They have a Design Team Blog as well that post beautiful creations.   Crealies are also available from Chocolate Baroque Stamp Company in the UK.

I stamped the Greenery Background with Colourbox Glacier Ice Pigment Ink onto Navy card stock to create the background.       I stamped and embossed the Ostrich with Jade Green EP on water colour paper and cut with the Nellie Die.   The cute bird was colored with my Tom Bows and then I blended some peeled paint distress ink around the edge of the oval.     I stamped & embossed the bird two more times to add the 3D layers to her body.    The blue background was layered onto left over designer paper from the card on my last post and then onto Navy card stock again.

I cut & layered the flowers as shown.  I love these Crealies Dies, they are so much fun to use and so easy to store !   I gave all my flower punches that I never took out of their storage box to my Granddaughters who are thrilled with them.     So we are all happy !

I added a little holograph glitter around the edges of the heart and then ribbon & rhinestones for the final touches.  I had a bow made up with my bow maker, but it didn't make the 'cut', it seemed a little cluttered with all the flowers.   

  
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day !
Shirley

13 comments:

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Shirley!!! This is one of my favorite birds!! and I am in love with how you used the die cuts too! The colors are outstanding! Thanks so much for playing, Shirley, and good luck in the drawing too!!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is gorgeous Shirley. Beautiful bird of / The background is fabulous. They are so beautiful all the cover.a.cards op IO. Your layout witth the Crealies flowers marvelous. Complete stunning layout and colors.
Lovely greet
Marja

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A wonderful card Shirley. The ostrich stamp is gorgeous. I love the depth and dimension you created with the wings. Fabulous.
I've linked back to you from my blog today - I said the other day that you'd inspired me to get the distress inks out, didn't I? Not a patch on your card but I had fun. Thanks!
Sharon xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Oh Shirley, this is stunning. I can see why you used this stamp the Ostrich is gorgeous, the layered hearts look so good with just enough glitter around them. The background, flowers and gems match so well with the image, and I agree with you, I think the bow would have been just a little to much.

Glad you seem to be on the mend, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sue x

Paula Huiras said...

Love those dies! Where do you get them? I like how you used the background paper for them. Really stunning!
PH

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley.what a lovely card , great stamp and colour scheme! I met your aunt at the Posthumus shop and she is a very lovely lady! Thanks for your award! warm greetz Miranda

cparsons said...

Ohhh Shirley it's so pretty in blues!!
Carole
http://scmagnolia.blogspot.com/

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
What a beauty of a card again!! Wow it is very pretty! Just stunning!
The ostrich is great, she is indeed very pretty and cute! You made her very pretty too! Terrific colours again and great details on the hearts! Very nice touch with the glitter on the heart edges!
Well done with the 3D effect too! I love it!
Thanks again for sharing while feeling lousy still!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Miss Shirley, is this ever PRetty! 8-) I am Loving your Pretty Blue Ostrich and the touch of sparkle too So Lovely! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Saakje said...

Hi Shirley.
This is such a beautiful card. you made a very nice design and choosed the colors just amazing. real talented.
Tak egood care.! Saakje

Katie said...

Great card! I love how you did the greenery background in a lighter color than the paper, I don't know that I have ever done this, funny huh!, but it looks great! And I love how you colored and popped up the peacock feathers, and how you framed him with the die cut! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Katie B.

Ina G said...

BEAUTIFUL Shirley. Such lovely and perfectly picked colours.

Ellen Taylor said...

Fun Fun Card!! Love the dimension on your ostrich and the die cut dp! Beautifully done!