Sunday, April 01, 2012

A Faerie Poppet - FYI #26

Hello Crafters,  I hope you are enjoying the weekend.

During our recent vacation in Scotland I was able to visit a lovely Craft Store with one of Jim's (my DH) cousins.    I ended buying a Faerie Poppet stamp set by Creative Expressions.   A nice souvenir of  the UK!  There are 3 sweet Fairies and a couple of sentiments in the set.   These are quite different than any of the stamps in my collection and I was able to get them out this weekend to give them a try.    

While it's close to the April 4th deadline, I'm entering this card into the For your Inspiration Challenge  (FYI Challenge #26).   Visit their Blog to see the beautiful work posted by the Design Team.   This is my first time joining in, but I've been admiring Sylvia's creations, who is a member of their Design Team, for several months.  You can find her designs at her Blog -  Poppy's Papercraft Patch.   



I stamped one of the Faeries from the Fairy 2 set by Creative Expressions onto watercolor paper with Black Stazon ink and colored her with my Tombow markers using water & brushes.   I used the "FYI" photo (see bottom of this post) as inspiration for coloring my Fairy.  The image has a lot of detail, I think she is sweet.   I added lots of holograph glitter to highlight areas and had fun creating flowers with my new Crealie dies.  (I love the Crealies, can't wait to build the collection!) 

Dies used:  Crealie Flowers CL CF 17, Crealie Shapes CL CS 11 and Spellbinder Nestability Label Eight S5-019.   

The green DP is from a 2008 Basic Grey mini pad - 'Boxer'.  Wow it's been here that long ?  At least I only have 1/2 of the pad left.  The burgundy DP is from a K&C Company mini pad - Christmas Cheer. 


Below is the gorgeous photo inspiration for this challenge.   What a beautiful place !  My reds, especially in crealie flowers, are not as orange/red as I would like them to be to match this photo.   However I painted a little orange into a few of the flowers, the wood branches that my fairy is sitting on matches the tree branches below and the greens blend in.   I think this Fairy could be sitting somewhere in this forest :) 


Well that's all for now.   Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day !
Shirley

23 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

Your fairie lives in a wonderfull world, I like your card very much, beautifull colours, and beautifull flowers you have made to create her beautifull world!!!

Greetings
Maria

cparsons said...

Wow Shirley, I can't say enough wonderful things about this card... it's simply stunning! I adore the fairy image and the way you colored her makes her kind of pop out of the paper. I've never heard of crealie flowers, but I really LIKE them!!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oh Shirley - how kind of you to give me a mention - thank you so much.
Your card is beautiful, and is a wonderful interpretation of the photo. The colouring and die-cuts are fabulous and I LOVE fairies! Thank you so much for joining us at FYI - I hope we will see you again next time!
Sylvia xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Shirley!
Hey thanks for hopping over and leaving me a sweet comment on my blog..Yes aren't our names almost so close to each other... Amazing..
Anyhoo I'm your newest follower and love all your creations you have going on and would love to see more....
Have a super Sunday my new blogging friend.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I love the colours you've used on the fairy and also the card. Your Crealies flowers look wonderful too, I'm so glad that we can buy these dies easily here in the UK. I have 4 of the Fairie Poppets stamps that have not seen the light of day for a couple of years now, but I have just bought a CD and stamps with artwork by the same artist call Paintbox Poppets, the images are based on the artist childhood memories.

Thank you for you lovely comment that you left earlier today, there were so many lovely entries on the blog, I was surprised that I made the top five.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Sue x

Debby said...

Wonderful image and amazingly coloured! I hope you had a lovely time in Scotland - I live between Edinburgh and Glasgow! Thanks for joining us at FYI.

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, love your fairy card and always love things with wings! Your interpretation on the theme is great and like you I really like the FIY site...only wish I have more time to play along with these fun challenges! fairy greetings Miranda

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Dear Shirley, love your faity card very much. The scene you have made is so marvelous and beautiful jayout. the photo also is fabulous.
Lovely greet
Marja

Sophie said...

Ein wunderschöner Blog.
Und fantastische Karten, großartig.

Viele Grüße
Sophie

Elaine said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog - thought I'd pop across and have a look!! Your fairy above looks great and I really like your designs on previous posts. Very inspirational!

Shirley said...

OMGosh, she is just gorgeous! The colors are awesome and those flowers are perfect for her!!

ALIX said...

Wow Shirley, it's a wonderful card, beautiful coloured!
The crealies are gorgeous, and the photo too! It's like the Indian Summer....
greetings, ALix

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Shirley! This is So Beautiful! Love your Wonderful watercoloring! Love your Pretty flowers too! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great flower arrangements! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

Ellen Taylor said...

Hi Shirley! What fun finding new stamps! Love this image that you colored so fabulously. The die cut flowers are perfection!! thanks for the email instructions! I was tickled when I opened the email and saw that! My Dad came home with me for a few days to help me with a few repairs. I will be trying this as soon as he goes home! Have a wonderful day!!!!

Ina G said...

What an amazing card. Gorgeous stamp and you have done so much here. So love the colours Love your work.

dstandard said...

Amazing image and card! Thanks for playing at FYI!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Amazing card and a beautiful colored fairy, love the flowers around!
Hugs Anja from germany

Sara Mac said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you've colored the image and your corner embellishments are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at FYI. I hope you'll play along again with future challenges.

Michelle said...

I love how you've used the colours from the inspiration photo in your card. I can just imagine that fairy living in that photograph. :-) Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Saakje said...

Hi Shirley
I'm "after" a few cards. This fairy is so cute. And such a nice combination with the photo below. Is that an pix from our
indian summer trip?
I love the "zomergroet" The colors are so bright and merry.I like to have that stamp. Maybe Miranda brings them to sell on the stamp event were we going.
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful designs with us.
I love to use the inspiration for my cards. Happy Eastern, Shirley.
Warm greetz from Saakje

Julia said...

What a lovely fairytale card ! The layered flowers are fantastic!

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow this is another very beautiful card you have created! What a fabulous stamp, she is so very pretty! Love the way you made her come alive as well the way you used the colours! Verrry great colours too, very vibrant, wow. So nice! You indeed made the details pop out so nicely with your colour choices! I agree, she is very sweet! GREAT use of the Crealies too! Wow just a GREAT card!
Warm greetings! Marlene :)