Monday, April 23, 2012

Playing with Watercolours

Good Evening !  

We are having a wild day here today, winter is trying to come back.  It's been blowing and snowing all day.  Fortunatley the snow is melting as it hits the ground, but it is nasty !  Our spring flowers are still looking fine, they are strong.

I had the pleasure of teaching 2 classes at Crop Circles in Peterborough, Ontario on Saturday.   We all had a great time playing with backgrounds using Tom Bows, Water & Salt.   The ladies left with a 5" x 7" piece to frame, and two cards.  

Helen, owner of Crop Circles, sent photos to me this evening .     I love this one with 2 happy ladies (Lynn & Ruth) holding up their framed artwork and just had to post it  !




Here is a link to Crop Circles Blog where Helen has posted many photos of the watercolour artwork by the participants in the class.    

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week !
Shirley

6 comments:

cparsons said...

I went to the store's blog to see the artwork and wow!! I really like those:) I've done something similar with salt and dye inks, but I like the bigger splotches that your technique made. Have you seen the technique using a can of compressed air? Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgVlwU6BJUw&feature=related

maria's knutselplezier said...

I really would like to be in your workshop to learn this technique, but the distance between us is just a little to much, here in Belgium there aren't so much workshops so I have to try it myself , it looks wonderfull!!!And I see you have injoyed it!!!

Greetings
Maria

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

I would I be there Shirley. Fantastic the results with watercolour.
Lovely greet
Marja

ALIX said...

Hi! It looks lovely on the photo, must be stunning in real!!
Aroud here it is also much too cold and lots of rain....Brr!
Warm greetings, ALix

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Your ladies look as though they've had loads of fun. I've just had a quick look at the Crop Circles blog and the backgrounds created are beautiful. The weather here isen't very good either, lots of rain, but we need it.

Sue x

craftystamper said...

We did have a lot of fun. I can attest to that as I was one of the participants. My art work looks great framed.