Thursday, April 05, 2012

Seaside Fun with Impression Obsession

Hello Crafters, I hope you are having a great week & enjoy your Easter Weekend !

I'm participating in this week's 'Summer Fun in Water & Sun' Challenge at Impression Obsession.  You will find links to the DT's beautiful creations and the details here at Impression Obsession's Blog.    This challenge gave me incentive to use some of my IO fish stamps that have been 'swimming around' here without ink for a while.   

Impression Obsession Stamps used :   Goldfish F2328 & 'By the Seaside' clear set CL182.  


The background for this card was created by using the Acrylic Block technique with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and then sprayed with Gold Glimmermist.   Unfortunately you can't see the sheen & gold flecks in the photo.  I stamped five starfish at the bottom and a 'wave' border at the top with Iced Spruce Distress Ink.

The Goldfish, Starfish and Shell were stamped and embossed with black on Water color paper.   All images were colored with my Tombow markers & water and then cut out.    I needed to use my small knife for the swirls on the fish.    I stamped & embossed a 2nd fish and cut out a few pieces to add more dimension.  I popped up the fish and used 2 way tape for the rest. I stamped the cute poem (from the 'By the Seaside' set) with black Versafine Ink.  I added Diamond Stickles to highlight some areas.  


It's going to be a while before we can go swimming here in Ontario, but at least I'm out in the gardens this month !

I received a nice surprise this morning to learn that I won Blog Candy at Laura's Stamp Art Journal.   Laura is one of the talented members of IO's  Design Team.  I won a wonderful set of IO's sentiments stamps !   Thank you !

Thanks for your visit and have a great day !
Shirley

24 comments:

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, congrats with your prize! Always nice to have new stamps! And you made a beautiful sea card! Lovely aqua colors and these stamps are so lovely, must take them out of my drawer and give them a swim.....warm greetz Mirandax

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Shirley, this is full of glorious colouring and inking. The 3-d elements give amazing dimension, and I LOVE it!
Have a happy Easter - Hugs, Sylvia xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a gorgeous creation Shirley! Great stamping and use of colors.

greetings, ALie :-)

Paula Huiras said...

Oh, I like this Shirley. The seashells are realy neat and you gave them depth too...
The colors are also really neat-I bet this really shimmers-too bad like you said-you can't quite see it.
PH

Ted and Helen Howard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ted and Helen Howard said...

Love, Love your cards.Congratulations Shirley, I am so happy you are being rewarded and recognized.Happy Easter to you and yours

Hugs Helen

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this Shirley, the colours are gorgeous, and the fish stamp is beautiful. It's so annoying when we get a really good effect and then the camera lets us down. Hope that you got you car sorted yesterday. The weather here has changed this week with snow in Scotland and the North of England, no snow here in the south but it's about 12 degrees colder than last week. Congrats on you blog candy win.

Have a super Easter.

Sue x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Shirley I love these card very much. What a beautify. Marvelous fish and the colors fabulous.
Lovely greet
Marja

Creations by Shirl said...

Hello Shirley~
Yippee - congrats on your win!
love your card, this is totally pretty... Great color/combo and love that cute sentiment....

Shirley said...

Congrats on your win! What a gorgeous card lady!! Love the colors and the water looks terrific with your fish and shell! Thanks so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too, Shirley!!

cparsons said...

You won! Yea!! This card is gorgeous by the way. The colors are perfect for the sea, and your design is fantastic. The scene reminds me of a book written by Graham Base, called Sign of the Seahorse. It is simply the most elegant, intelligently beautiful children's book. Your image design reminds me of the way his sea creatures dance.
Carole

maria's knutselplezier said...

Waw Shirley , again a wonderfull creation, beautifull see , I like your colours , and especially I like the way you put the fisch and seastars on the card, they really look alive!!!

Greetings
Maria

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow! Shirley this is Soo Beautiful! Love the Wonderful underwater scene you have created! Wonderful coloring and I Love all the dimension you have created too! Big Congrats on your win! 8-)

Hugs and Happy Easter Weekend to you!
Shannon

Ellen Taylor said...

Those blue and green tones are most fabulous Shirley! I pinned your card to Pinterest. Your sea life is so life like!!!So nice to get free goodies in the mail, especially IO goodies! Lucky you!!! Good thing it snowed here, still trying to catch up on everything inside the house! Have a very happy Easter with you and yours!
hugs,
Ellen

ALIX said...

Hi Shirley, congratulations on your win!!!
You deserve it, you make beautiful creations, just like this one, the underwaterworld! I love the colours!!
You put a lot of work in it, but it shows!!
Happy Easter!
Alix

Julia said...

Congrats on your prize Shirley! Your card is so beautiful! Love the vibrant shades of blue/green. A Happy Easter to you and your family and all best wishes! xox Froukje

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I'm excited! Wonderful composition, beautiful coloring, I love it!
Congrats on your win!
Happy Easter,
hugs Anja

Craftyfield said...

Great design and beautiful color scheme.

Saakje said...

beautiful card Shirley. Again such a nice backgroeund and the colouring is just perfect!!. Congrats with your price. I'm sure you deserve that. Your are a real card-artist. warm greetz from Saakje.

Katie said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the background and your card layout is amazing, I love the starfish and shells, but the fish really looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Katie B.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Those colors are marvelous. I want that image, now, too! It's gorgeous the way you have colored it, and created the lovely background. It looks like we're looking through water with the starfish so magnificently fractured/shadowed. Beautiful card, Shirley!

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow this is a very pretty and elegant fish! sooo sweet, and such very beautiful colours! They make the fish come alive! Very very nice how you made the starfish and the "shadows" of the starfish, that looks so nice! Really well done again!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

Anneke van Groen said...

LOVE the colours on the card ...awsome...and congrats with winning again a price...you are toooo talented!!!! Haha
Love Anneke

Shirley said...

I stand corrected, Shirley. I saw on another blog where Blogger follow had been fixed and tried it. It is working fine now. Sorry about the misdirect.

The external drive is a real thing though. I use Seagate. I have had mine for 5 years, and it is still working like new.