Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dream in Black & White

Hello Crafters !   I hope you are having a good week.    I had fun today with a few wonderful crafty friends that were here for a "Card Play Day".      We taught each other techniques while chatting, drinking tea and enjoying lots of goodies :)   It was such a relaxing & fun day !

We also 'played' with our inks, trying out different colours etc.   I remembered the 'For your Inspiration Challenge'  photo that featured a stormy sky.   I tried creating a similar effect with Smooch Inks.    These are very different colours for me with interesting results and this evening I created a card with the background I created.   

I'm entering this card into the FYI #27 Challenge.    You will find the wonderful creations by the Design Team and details here at For Your Inspiration Blog.


The background was created by blending Black & Silver Smooch Inks and then adding more silver on top with an acrylic block.  I also sprayed it with Silver Glimmermist.   I wish you could see the glimmer & sheen, but as usual you can't see it in the photo. 

I created the flower with a clear stamp set from Impression Obsession - CL119 Butterflies & Blossoms.   You can create butterflies or flowers with the individual pieces.   I embossed the petals & centre with black and arranged them on the background with the centre popped up.     I added the sentiment "Dream" from the Life Sentiments set from Kaisercraft, also embossed in black.     I also added a border of rhinestones.


Below is the Photo Inspiration for this Challenge.    That sky is pretty mysterious ! 



Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend !
Shirley    

18 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

How pretty Shirley~
And to have your friends over and chit chat and craft that had to have been such fun....
Enjoy your evening..
hugs Shirl~

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautifull flower,on a very realistic background, and this in black and white, wonderfull!!!

Greetings
Maria

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Hi Shirley

How lovely to get together with friends just to craft, sounds like you had a great time. I love this card it's so dramatic and the background really does look like a stormy sky. That looks like some serious bling you've got down the side of this.

Have a great weekend
Sue x

ALIX said...

Hi Shirley! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog!
And your cards are absolutely fabulous, both of them, the fish and the stormy sky.....The coulours on the card with the fish, oh, so beautiful. You worked with several techniques, super!! And the card with the "dark"sky, it's very beautiful done!
I wish you a nice weekend!
gr, ALix

Saakje said...

Hi Shirley.
I can imagine you had a wonderful day with your friends. And after that you created such a nice card. I allways admire you back grounds.
So nice. To me this card is in combi. with the pix a bit mystical!!
Do you think?
I love it. Have a nice week-end Shirley. Lots of warm greetz. Saakje

cparsons said...

Oh Shirley, this is so pretty! I would never have thought black and white could be so lovely. Hey, congratulations on winning the IO challenge!

Shannon White said...

Wowzers is this ever dreamy and Elegant all at the same time! Love the Wonderful embossing on your flower! Sounds like a lovely day with your friends, tea, goodies, being crafty! How Fun! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Friday!
Shannon

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is a fabulous take on the photo Shirley - your cloudy sky is awesome. Love the beautiful patterns on the flower too - your crafty day was put to very good use!
Thank you for joining us again at FYI - hope to see you next time!
Have a great weekend - Sylvia x

dstandard said...

This is just soo pretty - can't quit looking! Thanks for playing at FYI!

Sara Mac said...

Beautiful and elegant! I love how you blended the inks. So glad you joined us at FYI.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Fabulous creation, love the composition.
Anja

Debby said...

I do love a craft day with friends, although we normally end up talking more than crafting! I love your take on the inspiration - very atmospheric. Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

Michelle said...

Wow, Shirley, this is lovely! I'm impressed you came up with such a lovely card while crafting with friends. I spent 6 hours "crafting" with friends the other day and couldn't seem to chat and craft at the same time, LOL! Your rhinestone border is a beautiful finishing touch on a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Miranda said...

Lovely Shirley, a great interpretation of this photo! warm greet Mirandax

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
WOOW this is a very funky and very neat card!! I love it! What a very nice background again, so nicely mysterious, and so well done too! Love the smooching idea, looks really nice! Love the flower too so much! It is also quite fun, a great design and the complete card is a great blend of mystery, dreamy indeed, and the cheerful and very fun flower! Love the black and white look too, such a good idea for a dreamy/mysterious card! Well done again, such a great card!
Warm greetings! Marlene :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent take! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

Jenny Gropp said...

Another winner, loved the details on the background... TFS!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Congratulations on winning the Challenge with this beautiful card Shirley - very well deserved!
Have a wonderful weekend - Sylvia xx