Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fairy at Sunrise

Hello Crafters !   

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I had fun today with wonderful ladies in a class over at Crop Circles teaching the background technique with Tom Bows, Water & Salt .   Wow, what a mess we can make when 'playing', but the ladies created beautiful work !    Helen (owner of Crop Circles) will send me photos and I'll get them posted soon.   

Last night I worked on another card using this technique to show the ladies today.  I was inspired by the photo (see bottom of this post) from For Your Inspiration's Blog and this is my second entry into their current (FYI #28) challenge.

I'm also entering this card into Craft a Scene Challenge #4, as the theme is to use a Silhouette this month.

It's worth taking time to check out both Challenge Blogs as they feature awesome creations from both the DT and participants ! 

The background was created using Tom Bow markers, water & salt.    The 'grass' was created by using a stamp from the Hero Art CL428 Set which was stamped several times (partly off the page) & embossed with gold.  The little fairy silhouette is from Class Act Inc. ANGF316C (sm butterfly pixie) stamped with ColorBox Boysenberry Pigment Ink and embossed with Clear.  

The picture below is from For Your Inspiration's Blog.    I can't stopping look at this, it's such a gorgeous photo !

That's all for this evening.  Thanks for all your visits, they are appreciated ! 
Shirley 

24 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Simply stunning Shirley...
Just love all the elements on your card.. Soooo beautiful.....

Shirley said...

Interesting you comment about the photo when I can't quit looking at you beautiful piece of art!!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Another wonderful card Shirley. The colours are amazing, and the salt and water technique has created a stunning sky. You really should frame this -it's a work of art.
Thank you for sharing with us again at FYI.
Sylvia x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow this is stunning Shirley. I agree with you the photo is beautiful and I might just have to join in with this challenge. As always your background is gorgeous, the orange and purple look so good together.

Sue x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Marvelous work Shirley. Beautiful colors and combination, even like the photo.
Fantastic.
Lovely greet and a nice day
Marja

Marn said...

Hi Shirley,
What an incredibly beauuuu-ti-ful card! Wow just gorgeous!! The colours are so so nice, very lively and at the same time mysterious, then with that very very cute and sweet little fairy on there, it is perfect, has such a deep "atmosphere" in here, I really love this one! Love the "grass" too, wow you did a nice job on that too! Stunning card! Brilliant! Did I tell you how much I love it? haha.
Thanks for sharing!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

ALIX said...

OOOOHHHHH, what a beauty!
I love the colours and the combination....
And the photo is also very good!
Warm greetings, Alix

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a gorgeous foto, and what a beautifull card you made by looi-king at it, fantastic colours, and beautifull fairy!!!

Greetings

Maria

Miranda said...

Wow such gorgeous colours Shirley! I really fell in love with this one! How do you create the background with tombo's and water and salt? Direct to aquarel paper or do you put them first on a craftsheet? It's superssss, warm greet Miranda

Eileen said...

Oooo I love the colours on this ... a really beautiful technique!

Gorgeous image as well.

Eileen xx

Debby said...

Wow that is one amazing background! Thanks for joining us at FYI this week :)

karen h said...

Oh I love that salt technique - your background turned out fabulous! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Deanna said...

Great background colors in your scene. Beautiful card!

NancyD said...

Wow! What a great inspiration picture and a wonderful card as a result of all your messy play. Love the colors and your fairy too! Thanks for playing with us at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Ryn Tanaka said...

Shirley, you've really taken that technique and ran with it. Your cards are looking more and more like mini paintings! you did a great job of translating the feel of that photograph into your card. It "feels" like sunrise :)

Ellen Taylor said...

You created such a magical feel in your gorgeous scene Shirley! As soon as I am done all my painting I am going to try this technique!!Love the colors you used for the background and that photo is so inspiring You new profile pix is pretty cute too! Have a fabulous day!!!

Tracey said...

Oh my SHirley!!! This card is STUNNING!! LOVE the gorgeous colours and that technique looks so cool...I have never tried it....off to goggle it :)

dstandard said...

What a marvelous take on the inspirational photo! Awesome! Thanks for playing at FYI!

Michelle said...

Another beautiful card, Shirley! Thanks for joining us again at FYI!

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Brilliant, Shirley, the colours are fab!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome take from the inspirational photo!! Well done! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is lovely Shirley, I love the blend of your colours in this project. I love that inspirational photo too. I hardly ever join in challenges, as I don't have the time, but this one really inspired me. I love making salt backgrounds as well, the effects are just amazing. Your scene is really atmospheric, Judith xx

maria f. said...

The colors caught my eye. I expected to see Distress Inks - interesting to hear about markers and salt. Have to check that out. Beautiful card.

rudlis said...

Stunning design and gorgeous card! I love it! Thanks for joining in at FYI! Hope to see you again.