Monday, April 09, 2012

Enjoy the little things ....

Hello Crafters, I hope you had a great Easter Weekend.    We had fun with our family and ate too much chocolate.

I know I've posted fish cards recently but "Wanda the Fish" is back !    I've created two more cards for Designs by Ryn  using her Sea Bubbles Set CM-S15 and Wanda the Angelfish CM-S7.   I included her African Daisy CM-F1 on this design as it looks tropical or could be a water lily !

I love Ryn's hand drawn designs and her stamps are top quality & deeply etched which results in crisp images every time.     Her Sea Creature line will be added to her website by the end of April.    We are going to celebrate with Blog Candy in May, so stayed tuned !  

 
To create the background for this card I started with Kaleidacolour Ink- Caribbean Sea using a Brayer to ink onto IO's Solid Cover a Card CC084.   I stamp-kissed the small bubble stamp in the set before stamping onto white card stock.   It's a little hard to see the stamp-kiss effect in the photo, but it added some texture.   I heat dried and then stamped the large Bubble in the set with Versamark and embossed with Gold EP that has a little glitter.  

I stamped and embossed the Angel Fish and Daisy with Gold on water color paper and colored with Tom Bows and water.    I stamped the flower twice and cut a mid-section out of the 2nd to add to the flower for more dimension.     I realise as I'm writing this that I should have added some glitter to the centre of the flower - I will do that !  

The wonderful quote is from Chocolate Baroque's Artistic Expression set.  It was also embossed with Gold and then I blended a little Shabby Shutters and Old Paper Distress Inks over the lettering.      I also added  gold ribbon before I popped up the images onto the background.  



I used Wanda the Angel fish & the Bubbles again on this next card but also sponged some larger bubbles by using card stock that has circles cut out as a mask.       I've been using the sponge technique to create 'scenes' & bubbles for quite a while now, ever since I was inspired (again) by cards made by Miranda (of 'Mir'acle art Inspiration Blog).   I was wishing for a lesson, but I figured out a way to sponge using card stock for shapes.  I've had a lot of fun with creating scenes !    

I stamped kissed the bubbles again using a light colored ink- ColourBox Pigment - Glacier Ice.   Next I used ColourBox Aqua & Thistle to sponge the bubbles over top.  (I used a large dabber).    The poem is from the set by Impression Obsession - CL182 by the Seaside which was stamped with Versa Fine Black Ink. 

The two Angel fish were stamped and embossed with black on Watercolour paper and painted with Tombows and water.   The purple mat was embossed with CB Divine Swirls Folder.   The fish were popped up over the background.  You can see the stamp-kissed bubbles on the close-up below.


That's all for today, thanks for visiting !
Shirley

12 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

These are so pretty Shirley~
Love fish images they are just pretty on cards...I love the ocean too..
TFS -
Shirl xoxoxo

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Shirley, I love the colours you've used on the top one. I know the background stamp you've used is bubbles but it looks like it would be a very useful stamp for any backgrounds. Those fish are gorgeous too.

Hope you're having a great day.

Sue x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW how beautiful, love them both. I'm delighted with your coloring. The fishes are so amazing, the color combination is fabulous!The first card with the bubbles background fantastic too.
xox Anja

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Shirley, the colouring on both cards is glorious - I love the techniques you have used, and the results are amazing. Great work, as always!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Shirley I love bothe these cards. sooo beautiful Love the fishes but also the both colors. Wonderful combinations. Really Marvelous.
Lovely greet Marja

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley. You have done a gorgeous job with showcasing my designs in both of those cards! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with using the new stamps "Kelp" and "Butterfly Fish" :)

Ellen Taylor said...

Hi Shirley!
Love your Wanda! Both cards are top notch!! Both color combos are fantastic! Isn't it amazing how different you can make one stamp look! You have showcased it beautifully! Hope your easter was a good one! My Mom is here to help me paint my house and is staying until it's done so I will be awol for a while.
Big Hugs!!
Ellen

cparsons said...

I love your fish Wandas!! You color schemes are soooo pretty.

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, you've made some beautiful cards! The first one is my favorite because of the colours but the 2nd one is gorgeous too.I really love that bubble background stamp! I will certainly pop in to join the blogcandy!
Happy to be an inspiration to you and you sure don't need a lesson, although it would be very nice to meet!
warm greetz Miranda

Shannon White said...

Goodness Shirley! These are both just Wonderful! Love the pretty gold embossed bubble and sentiment on the first one and the lovely colors on both cards too! Juts Beautiful! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Donna Ellis said...

Such a lavish way in creating your backgrounds - they add to the card, rather than compete with it. The coloring on these are beautiful - and I really NEED these stamps! I'm so grateful you visited my blog recently so that I could discover the notifications are not coming in. I keep checking, but blogger has still not updated my Reader. SIGH maybe it will tomorrow. If it doesn't, I'll need to subscribe via e-mail. Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards, Shirley!

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
WOW these fish cards are so adorable!! These are sooo pretty, just love them! Wow really fun and so sweet! GREAT GREAT colours you chose, wow what a cheerful combination, just love them! Wanda the Angel Fish is so cute, so pretty! Very nice background too! Great daisy flower too, they look good together! The second one is equally very very well done, and terrific the way you made the big bubbles, and all is put together so nicely for the card! Great colours again! Super cards, just love them!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)