Sunday, April 29, 2012

Less is More - Sketch Challenge

Hello Crafters !  I hope you enjoyed your weekend !      We were working outside most of the day in our gardens !    We have lots to do, but it felt wonderful !  

I'm venturing again into the world of Clean & Simple and entering another challenge at Less is More.  I enjoy looking at the elegant creations by the DT & participants.  I'm intriqued by the challenge of this style which is different for me.    I like to 3D images and create colorful backgrounds with no white space,  but it is also fun to make cards that are CAS !   

This week's (#65) is a Sketch Challenge, but there is a choice of either a square or circle in the centre.


I've been playing a lot with Tombow markers, water & salt to create backgrounds so I have a lot of bits & pieces left over.   I decided to use a little orange/yellow one for my mini-background.  I stamped & embossed in gold, a small leafy branch from the Hero Art Set - CL477 Delicate Leaf Clusters and then adhered the piece onto a very narrow dark brown mat.   I popped up the 'mini scene' over the white square folded card stock.    I stamped the just a note sentiment that is from a little Kaiser Craft Set - CS921 Thinking of you with Memento Rich Cocoa Dye Ink.

This is the Sketch I chose:


Thanks for stopping by.  Your visits & kind comments make me smile !
Shirley

18 comments:

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Shirley! This is Just Beautiful! Love the pretty wash of colors and embossed botanical pattern too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, the bright colours on a white background look really great. I, like you keep looking at this blog and think the same thing, it's not really my style, but then it would not be a challenge. I might just have to take up the challenge soon.

I'm glad your weather was good enough for the garden this weekend, ours was OK if you were a duck!!

Sue x

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty Shirley, that's a great background and the leaves look awesome!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

brenda said...

I nearly missed this one Shirley, how very elegant it is.

B x

Gibmiss said...

Hi short
Stunning card .....
Gorgeous colour........
Hugs Sylvie
Xxx

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous Shirley, like a wonderful tropical sunset and the leaves just jump out, brilliant!
Val x

Elaine said...

Great colours in your background- makes a lovely card!

Scrapmate said...

Fab background & those colours are great.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Shirley - such hot colours. Just love the effect of salt.....

Jean said...

Super card, I love your bright coloured background. Jean x

Jean said...

It is a beautiful CAS card ~ the colors are gorgeous!

Helen in the UK said...

Great use of the little background scrap - it's beautiful :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the scale of the embossed leaf in that stunning background Shirley.

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow this is very cool! I LOVE it!! GREAT background colour!! vibrant and warm; the leaf in there is just the right touch, wow, you did that well! and nice embossing too! Wow so simple and so stunning! isn't it great when that works, and this REALLY works! Well done again!
Warm greetz! Marlene :)

Linda said...

Wow! Love the vibrant colours you've used and the embossing on the leaf is perfect - Great card! xx

Jenny said...

Wow I love that fiery background Shirley and the embossed branch is such a eye-catching focal point :0)
Jenny x

Shirley said...

Wow! Very hot and elegant too!!

Ellen Taylor said...

It took me a while but I finally found a card that I didn't leave a comment on. A classy clean card Shirley! Love the simplicity and that stunning background has such an impact!
Glad your snow is gone too! I am just hoping that there will be no snow on the ground f on the 30th when Katie goes for her road test. Hope all is well there oh mighty crafty one!
big hugs!
Ellen