Monday, April 30, 2012

Anniversary Peacock Fan & Awards

Good Morning Crafters!   I've had an exciting few Blogging days !

On Friday I was thrilled to learn that I earned the Lovely Lotus Award from  For Your Inspiration  for their Photo Challenge #27.   Thank you ladies ! 

Yesterday evening I was honored a second time with the Liebster Blog Award from Maria at  Crafty Maria's Stamping World .    Maria is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator who also teaches classes and has a terrific Blog full of ideas, tutorials & beautiful cards.    Needless to say, I was excited to receive this award again so recently after receiving it the first time (when I forwarded it on to 5 others)   Thank you Maria !

And finally, I'm happy that I have many new Followers and would like to thank all of you for your visits & comments.  Without all of you, blogging would not be so rewarding.  I also enjoy visiting at your Blogs where I gather a lot of inspiration !

Now onto a new creation !    A friend asked me to create a card that she will give to her daughter & son-in-law for their First Wedding Anniversary.    Their Wedding theme was Peacock Feathers, and she asked that the design include Peacock feathers and the colours Emerald Green, Red & Purple.

I used stamps from Chocolate Baroque to create this card.  The two stamp sets:  Peacock Fan & Artistic Expressions.


The purple strip on the LH side was created by blending Grape Soda,  Sugar Berry & Gold Lame Smooch Inks and then I stamped one of the feathers from the Peacock Fan set with ColorBox Gold Pigment Ink over top.   I added a narrow red mat under this piece.

I stamped the same feather with Versa Mark on the folded green cardstock and just left it with a watermark image.   The color & stamping on the green shows up a little better in the closeup photo below. 

The LOVE sentiment from the Artistic Expressions set was stamped & embossed with Gold and then cut with Spellbinders S4-322 Grommet tag.  I blended Evergreen Bough Distress Ink over top.

The Peacock Feather Fan was stamped and embossed with Gold on Watercolour paper and then painted with my Tombows.    



Thanks for your visits and have a great day !
Shirley

13 comments:

Miranda said...

Lovely card with vibrant colours Shirley and also enjoyed looking at your LIM card in your previous post, it's beautiful! warm greet Miranda

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow what a gorgeous card Shirley, I'm sure that the happy couple will love it. The colours are so eyecatching. Congratulations on both of your awards, well deserved.

Sue x

brenda said...

What a beautifully rich colour palette Shirley, just gorgeous.

B x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Shirley this is beautiful. I love the peacock too. Beautiful coloring.
Lovely greet
Marja

Anonymous said...

Nice job, I bet she loved it !!

Shannon White said...

Aww this is Soo Pretty And Love the Wonderful vibrant colors too! I bet she just LOVED this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautiful card to go with their wedding theme Shirley! I am lovin' that peacock fan and the colors! The gold embossing is fabulous!! Glad you got our Alberta sunshine...we have your Ont rain now~LOL
Hugs!
Ellen

craftystamper said...

Congratulations on getting the Lotus award - and you deserve the Liebster blog award. Thanks so much for mentioning me in your blog post. I really appreciate it.
Regarding this current card - absolutely wonderful. The colors are so vibrant and I love your background.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Very beautifull Shirley, great colours!!! I love the feathers!!!

Greetings
Maria

cparsons said...

Soooo pretty! And guess what? I have a wish list of peacock images from Impression Obsession and Flourishes! So many stamps, so little money lol

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

So beautiful, fantastic colors, really an eyecatcher! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, dear Shirley:-)
Have a nice day,
xox Anja

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow what a very fun and gorgeous card! Lucky couple who gets it! It is a great theme and well done putting it all together! Great combination for colours and putting it all together and making it really work! Nice smooch inking there, nice purple! Love the feathers so much! Well done!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

Shirley said...

Totally wonderful, Shirley! How artistic!Q I love the colors and the fan and feather and Love are wonderful the way you designed the card!