Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ornament Faerie - New Release by Designs by Ryn !

Hello everyone, I hope you had a great weekend.   The weather here has been wonderful... not too hot, not too cold, lots of sunshine....perfect !    I brought my Sister to the airport this evening for her flight back the Netherlands.  It's hard to say good bye but I'm looking forward to the next visit and am very thankful for email ! 

Ryn of  Designs by Ryn released an awesome new line of Faeries this month !    I created this card with her beautiful CM-M7 Ornament Faerie.    I love how she has holly for wings and is carrying the most gorgeous ornament.

Since I've used different shades of Pink, I'm entering this as my 2nd entry into the '50 shades of Pink' Challenge at In the Pink  before it closes this week.  



The background was created by using Tombows 673, 676 & 703, water & salt.   I also sprayed Pop Rock & Cranberry Glimmer Mist after it was dry.

I stamped Ornament Faerie with black Stazon on watercolour paper and coloured with my Tombows.   I added holograph glitter to her fur trim and liquid pearls to her beautiful ornament.    The sentiment is by Impression Obsession - B3585 "Christmas Magic" which I embossed with black.  I added a ribbon & bow along with the matting.  

Spellbinder Die:  S4-347.  I drew around the outside of the die on the back of the green paper (by BoBunny) and cut out to create the mat behind the image.   I blended Evergreen Bough Distress Ink around the image die cut.

You can see the glitter & liquid pearls better on the close up below:



Update August 20th:     I sent over these photos to Ryn just at the time she had been working on a card using the same stamp.  She has her creation posted on her blog.   I love her colour choices and how her Holly wings look 'real'.      You can check out her details here at  Designs by Ryn's Blog.   Below is Ryn's creation and below that is the stamp design we both used :)


Designs by Ryn stamp used:

CM-M7 Ornament Faerie

Thanks for your visit & kind comments, they are appreciated.
Have a great day !
Shirley

18 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a beautifull card again Shirley, I really love the contrast between your colours, and your background is wonderfull!!!

Greetings
Maria

brenda said...

Another beautiful cards surely, the colour palette on this one is brilliant.

B x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

I hope (know) that you have a great time with your sister. And this new release of Rhyn is beatiful Shirley. You have made a marvelous card of it. Beautiful.
Lovely greet
Marja

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hello there fellow Pink lover. Isn't it fabulous about the launch of In the Pink? I stopped in for a closer look at your card. I'm linked at #1 & #103 this week, I'd love it if you stopped by to say hello.

Lovely Christmas image Shirley, I like that you kept the card simple and elegant.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Shirley - as always, your inking and colouring is fabulous. Love the rich colours - the deep pink is awesome!
Thank you for sharing this second card with us at ITP - hope to see you next time too!
Sylvia x

Karin said...

it looks great! love the colors! have a nice day!

Christine L said...

HI Shirley

Ooooh stunning deep pinks on this fabulous card... I love your image and your colouring.... but really adore those lush deep pinks on that gorgeous background!!

Thanks for joining in the fun again at In The Pink... Good luck with this one too and hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine (AKA Posh!)
ITP

Sophie said...

Eine schöne Weihnachtskarte ist dir da gelungen, Shirley.
Sehr edel und fein.

Liebe Grüße

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great colors for this christmas card Shirley...the stamp is sooo cute too!

greetings, Alie :-)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Shirley, and a lovely new stamp from Ryn, I shall have to go and check the new stamps out. I love the deepness of the pink you've used for this one.

Glad you've had a great time with your sister, and as you say with email they are never far away.

Sue x

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley,

I love what you did with Ornament Faerie! The colours that you chose make her look way less traditional than the card that I made with her. I like that you use non traditional colours for many of your cards. Why not?! Looks great :)

Ryn Tanaka said...

P.S. Love the pearl embellishments on the ornament. Nicely done!

craftystamper said...

Beautiful- as usual

Darnell said...

Such lovely cards, Shirley! You are right, the new fairy Christmas image is awesome and you've more than done it justice!

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, lovely fairy card and great new stamps! It's hard to say good-bye mmm? But I am sure many moments to remember and to cherish! warm greet, Mirandaxx

Ellen Taylor said...

Love the sparkle and pearls! Fantastic card!! So glad you enjoyed your visit with your sister!

cparsons said...

I just love that glitter on the first one. It really makes it look kind of 3D. You're right those holly wings are awesome! I especially like the colors you chose on the second one.

G Peplow said...

How great to have your sis crafting the same digi stamp as you :0) You both made a great job! Love them both too! Rotten saying bye, as you say thank heavens for email and phones and skype LOL Have a wonderful week my friend, Gay xxx