Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Dream

Good Evening everyone !

My sweet & much younger Sister is arriving from the Netherlands tomorrow so I won't be blogging much over the next 10 days.

I was anxious to create something to post tonight and was torn between 'playing' with Dylusions Inks or creating another Christmas card.     The urge to 'play' won and I have inky hands again !   I also went for one of my favourite colour combos -  blue & green which I used for the cards in my last post.    I also used one of my favourite stamps by Designs by Ryn.




Stamps used:   Designs by Ryn CM-B9 Flying Hummingbird 2, Rubber Stamped A1102E Fern & Dream is from Chocolate Baroque - Artistic Expressions.

Template used:  Crafters Workshop TCW278S Mini Circle Explosion

The background was created with Turquoise & Cut Grass Dylusions Inks and the Mini Circle Template.   I stamped over the background with the Fern using Mowed Grass Distress Ink.

I embossed the Hummingbird with Black, coloured with my Tombow markers, cut him out and mounted over the background.   I didn't add anything else as I wanted to keep the background clear.

That's all for this evening !   Thanks for your visits and kind comments, they mean a lot to me.  
Shirley

14 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh my what a pretty hummingbird, love the bg ferns too.... Awesome color/combo...
TFS - enjoy your evening...

maria's knutselplezier said...

Waw, Shirley, your card is like a dream, so beautifull, love your colours and background, but the hummingbird is very beautifull too, you are yourself very talented!!!

Greetings
Maria

brenda said...

Morning Shirley,

The urge to play with all things inky wins hands down every time, that's why I'm always making Christmas cards in December.

The colours of this piece are totally stunning.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this gorgeous hummimgbird, and the colours you've used for the background are beautiful, I love the vibrancy of the dylusions.

I hope you sister arrives OK and you have a wonderful time together.

Sue x

Vic said...

such a beautiful card! just gorgeous! x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Your hummingbird is great on the gorgeous background Shirley!
Wish you nice days with your sister! :-)

greetings, Alie

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley, GORGEOUS card! I love the combination of Hummingbird 2 and the background that you created :)

craftystamper said...

Lovely card. Have fun with your sister.

cparsons said...

Just beautiful!! I love the colors, and of course humming birds are just the sweetest things! Have a lovely visit with your sister!!

Ellen Taylor said...

Glad the urge to play won!! Your card is fabulous! Beautiful background! Love the subtle circles and ferns! I am sure you can keep up with your baby sister even with a bum knee! Have a glorious visit my friend!!:)

Sophie said...

Oh, Shirley, der Vogel sieht so schön aus, und der Hintergrund ist so fabelhaft eingefärbt.
Ein richtiger Hingucker :-)

Nice weekend...

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow this is a very very pretty card! What a beautiful humming bird! Just gorgeous with those terrific colours! What a beautiful blend! The background is so pretty as well, this looks so beautiful together!
Well done again, excellent card!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

G Peplow said...

Stunning colours and that bird is a delight, love your card Shirley, Gay xxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

I feel like I am in a tropical rainforest with this card, Shirley. :) It's soooo pretty! The background is a piece of art all by itself. Hope you had/have a good visit with your sister.