Friday, August 17, 2012

Christmas with Dylusions Ink

Hi everyone !  I hope you are having a great week.   I've had so much fun with my Sister here visiting.   The weather has co-operated most of the time :)

Just a quick post today with a simple card that I created with Dylusions Inks.   I wanted to try something for Christmas.

I created the background by spraying Cut Grass and Postbox Red Dylusions Inks.  I also used Crafters Workshop Reversed Mini Ringlet Template TCW266S.  I was trying for Christmas colours and I think these worked but I also think that a blue would look great with the red.  Will try that soon :)   I used Festive Berries DI around the edges.

When the background was dry I stamped the Eiffel Noel image (Stampendous P129) with Black Stazon Ink and then added some red & green Stickles.      I just attached this to black folded cardstock.  I don't have any other colours here that seemed to work.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend,  I hope to be back soon with a card using one of Ryn's new Faerie releases. 

Shirley

15 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

You say a simple card Shirley but he is so adorable and beautiful. Wonderful colors and combination.
Have a nice weekend and enjoy the company of the family.
Lovely greet
Marja

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I have to agree with Marja, Shirley, you may say simple but it doesn't look simple. The colours are so gorgeous and rich and look great with the Eiffel Tower stamped onto it.

Glad the weather is co-operating while your sister is with you. We have good weather forecast for the weekend but it's been either overcast or raining this week. Hope it stays nice for you this weekend, and have a good one:)

Sue x

Creations by Shirl said...

What a striking card, the Elffel Tower in the background just stand right off your card.... Pretty colors.
Glad you had some quality time with sister....
Enjoy your Friday and your crafty weekend!

Ellen Taylor said...

Yeah,simply FABULOUS! Love that stamp! Gorgeous blend of colors in your background! Hope youenjoy the rest of your visit with your Sis!

brenda said...

What a stunning piece of work Shirley, the blend of colours is beautiful.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy spending time with your sister.
B x

Sophie said...

Das ist eine schöne und ausgefallenen Weihnachts-Karte, Shirley.
Gefällt mir sehr, sehr gut.

Einen schönen Sonntag noch...

Julia S-W said...

A beautiful card and makes me think about spending Christmas in Paris. . . . I wish!
Juliax

maria's knutselplezier said...

waw, Shirley what a beautifull and original christmas card, I really like those new , special Christmas cards!! I rally like the colours you have used!! Great work!!!

Greetings
Maria

craftystamper said...

Fabulous card. Love the colors.

Karin said...

beautiful card, love the colors and the stamp is gorgeous! have a nice day!

G Peplow said...

Simply stunning, love the whole card Shirley! Have a wonderful week, Gay xxx

Shannon White said...

Wow Shirley! This is so Vibrant and Pretty! Love the Fab image and lovely BG you created too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Ina G said...

Haven't been here for ages sorry... Love this Christmas card. Sooooo very different fabulous turnout. Just love what you did here.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Shirley, this is fabulous! The inky background has such a magical quality to it, and I am ALWAYS a fan of Eiffel Tower images. :)

Barbara said...

Wow Shirley, I LOVE this......I've just ordered some Dylusion inks, and after seeing this, I can't wait to get started xx