Saturday, August 11, 2012

Life is Beautiful

Hello everyone !

My sister is out visiting today, and it's raining so I had unexpected time for crafting.     I decided to work on a card to enter into the For Your Inspiration  Challenge Blog (FYI #35)  before it closes in 4 days.   I always find the photos and creations from the DT inspiring.  See bottom of this post for this challenge's photo, it's a beauty !

I was going through all my stamps with my Sister yesterday and when I saw this one I had the desire to create something with it.   I've always been 'in love' with this design, but haven't used it for at least a year & half.    How does the time go by so fast ?    Too many stamps and not enough time :)

Since I've used a 'forgotten' stamp, this also qualifies for Judiths' Forgotten Friday as well.  If you have a chance to visit Judith's blog you won't be disappointed, she creates beautiful work !



Stamps:   Hero Art - S5356 Etched Medallion
               Impression Obsession - CC027 Cover a Card - Flourishes
               Rubber Stamped - A1102E Fern
               "Life is Beautiful" sentiment stamp was included in the gift package at the Art Specially show in Zeist, The Netherlands in April.   I wasn't there, but my sweet Sis kindly gave me hers  :)

Dies used:   Marianne Design LR0150 (blue leafy branch)
                  Crealies CL CS 11 - green leaves

The background for this card was created by using a sheet of paper from the Basic Grey Kioshi Collection (6x6 pad).   I stamped over this sheet using the CAC - Flourishes with Brilliance Galaxy Gold Ink. 

The narrow strip across the background is a piece of left-over watercolour paper that I dipped into Peacock Feathers DI that was rubbed onto my craft mat and sprayed with water.  I then stamped it with the Fern stamp & Mowed Grass DI. 

The flower was stamped and embossed with Gold EP three times.  The powder has a bit of glitter in it, which gives an uneven texture and a bit of sparkle.    I coloured the flower with my Tom Bow markers and cut out them out in sections to layer as shown. 

"Life is Beautiful" was stamped with Colorbox Harbor Pigment Ink.   I also added rhinestones. 



And below is the Inspiration Photo:


By the way, some of my blogland friends have been asking about my knee.  I'm happy to report that I'm doing great.  Not a 100% (yet) but I'm thrilled to be back to most of my regular activities !

Thanks for your visit & have a great day !     
Shirley

21 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yes, too many stamps, not enough time! It's my predicament as well. :)

LOVE how you embossed that glorious flower in gold and used shades of teal to color it.

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous take of that photo! What pretty colors.

Patricia said...

Good Morning and Thank You for your comment on my Blog.
All they way from Canada as well, that`s even more thrilling.
I am not really a stamper, I have loads I must look them out and see if I can get inspiration to create something as beautiful as your card, I just love the colours.
Have a Great Day

Patricia
patricia-summerhousecrafts.blogspot.com

Anneke said...

Beautiful card, love the colors and the beautiful flower! Awesome!

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Shirley, this is a beautiful card, I love the shades of teal and turquoise that you have used with the gold embossing, it's just lovely. I'm like you, so many stamps, and so, inevitably some get forgotten, which is why I started my Forgotten Friday post in the first place. It's a good excuse to have a rummage, and give some of my neglected items an airing. I can tell you how to add a link to a blog post, if you email me, you can find my contact details on my blog, or do it through the CB forum, I'll explain how to do it for you.

Thanks so much for joining in my Forgotten Friday post this week, I really appreciate it, Judith xx

brenda said...

Good morning Shirley,

Totally stunning creation, the gold embossing really lifts the flower.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday,

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow this is stunning Shirley, I love the colours in this photo and yours are spot on. It 's great to see you joining in with Forgotten Friday too, we all have stuff stashed away and unused, it's a good excuse to get it out and play.

Hope your rain has gone away today.

Sue x

G Peplow said...

Another stunner, love it xxx

Donna Ellis said...

What lovely jewel tones, Shirley! Your card looks magical with the golds and "water" colors of the caribbean!

Vicky Hayes said...

Just gorgeous Shirley - I love those colours!

Deanna said...

Simply beautiful!

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley,
Lovely interpretation of this photo, you've did a great job catching those colours ! And it's such a beautiful stamp, like that too but does not do much with it any more..... your 'Pink'creation is also a lovely one! I am staying at my MIL now in Leiden for the holidays so don't have much time for blogging.....give my warm greetings also to your lovely sister! XX Miranda

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Dear Shirley,
again a magnificent card with a beautiful clor combination. I love your beautiful unique and elegant style!
Wish you a happy new week,
xox Anja

craftystamper said...

Great card as usual. Rainly days do provide us with unexpected moments to create. Hope you have a good visit with your sister.

Shannon White said...

Wowie Shirley!! This is Gorgeous!! Love the Wonderful colors and your Beautiful embossed Blossom! Wow! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous use of the inspiration photo! Love the die cuts and the colors! Enjoy your visit!:):)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Shirley - what fabulous colouring and embossing. You have truly captured the feel of the inspiration picture with the texture, shapes, and colours in this beautiful work of art.
Thank you so much for joining us again at FYI.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

dstandard said...

What a fabulous card - love all the coloring and embossing! Thanks for playing at FYI!

Marijke said...

this is just beautiful

Michelle said...

Beautiful work, Shirley! Thank-you for your kind words about FYI and the DT work, you brought me a smile. :-) Thanks for joining us at FYI!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Congratulations on winning the Lovely Lotus award at FYI - well done Shirley, and very well deserved!
Hugs, Sylvia xx