Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer at the Sea Twinchie - Challenge #2

Hello everyone !   I hope you enjoyed your weekend.   It's HOT here again with high humidity.  We also have lots of flowers blooming, I need to get out there with a camera when the lighting is right.

I'm happily participating in the Show us your Twinchie Challenge #2 - "Summer" that runs until July 31st.   I think these tiny (2 inch x 2 inch) creations are going to become "habit forming" as I found I was anxiously awaiting the next challenge theme  :)    It is challenging to create designs in such a small space, but they are fun.   Since this challenge is "Summer",  I was able to come with a little 'Summer at the Sea' Twinchie using a my IO Seaside sets that include tiny little stamps !


I used the following Impresssion Obsesssion stamps:  MC183 Angelfish & CL182 By the Seaside both by Leigh Hannon.    A lot of my IO stamps are by L. Hannon who has great designs. 

The mini background was created with Distress Inks using the Acrylic Block technique.   I stamped the tiny fish & sea plants from the Angel fish set directly onto the background and the Seahorse from the By the Seaside set on separate cardstock.    I coloured all with Distress Markers and then cut out the Seahorse and popped it up.   I decided on a very narrow black mat to pop the colours a little more, so I cut a tiny bit off the background so that it would fit inside a 2 inch square mat.      

I created a card with the Twinchie using designer paper from a set from S.E.I "on the coast" collection.   I played around with adding a quote/poem from the sets but it just wasn't working for me.    I also used a die from Nellie's Multi Frames.



Well that's all for now,   I'll be back later with a design using Crealies :)
Thanks for your visit and enjoy your day !
Shirley

17 comments:

Zoe said...

Fabulous twinchie Shirley, thank you so much or entering our second challenge, good luck, Zoe xxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty sea horse.... love those back ground papers too...
Hope you are enjoying your day full of crafting...LOL!

Shannon White said...

Oh this is Sooo Pretty and Adorable too Shirley! Love Your Sweet Sea Horse! And your custom Dp's are Fabulous! Love this! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Sunday!
Shannon

andrea said...

Gorgeous Twinchie,love the Seahorse stamp so cute,it makes a fab topper for a card thankyou for joining us at show us your twinchies
Andrea

Karin said...

wow a marvelous twinchie which you put into a lovely card!

GinaA said...

A great theme, love the tiny stamps and your card is beautiful, a gorgeous colour scheme.

Kate M said...

Great Twinchie Shirley - love that seahorse.
Kate
xx

Irene said...

A beautiful Twinchie Shirley, with stunning colours.
I love the background on your card, it's stunning.
Can we please have some of your sunshine as in the UK
it's done nothing but rain.
Thank you for your comment on my blog.
irene
xxxx

Ellen Taylor said...

Love that gorgeous background and your sweet seahorse! Can I send you some rain?
Have a fab day gf!!

Barbara said...

Fab, and that little seahorse is so cute......the background is clever too xx Barbara xx

Eileen said...

Love this Shirley ... colours are gorgeous and the little Seahorse is so cute. Thanks for all your lovely comments and support x
Eileen xx

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
This is very nice, and very special, so pretty! I am impressed at how you make even tiny creations look fabulous! This is a really nice twinchie with great colours again, and the seahorse is indeed so cute! The background/card you made to put the twinchie on looks so nice with it, really makes the twinchie pop out! Nice on the eye! Great job again!
Warm greetings from Marlene :)

Sophie said...

Total süß das Seepferdchen. Ich liebe die Farben :-)

Liebe Grüße

G Peplow said...

Hi Shirley, Gorgeous and you turned it into a card, perfect, xxxx

Elaine said...

This is great - love the seahorse and the seaweedy background!

Linda said...

This is so pretty. I love the colours and your twinchie looks great on a card too. xxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Hey Shirley, I didn't see this card, and the seea-horse is soooo beautifull I really fall in love!!!

Greetings
Maria