Monday, July 09, 2012

Flowers Feed the Soul - FYI #33

Hello everyone,  I hope you had a great weekend.

The gorgeous photo (at the bottom of this post) from the For Your Inspiration Challenge Blog inspired me to create this card for their Challenge- FYI #33.    Visit their blog to be inspired by the DT creations !  






I used stamps from both Bold Bloom and Fresh Bloom Sets from Chocolate Baroque to create this card.  I've been in love with these designs since I first saw them last Fall at Miranda's Blog: Miracle 'art' Inspirations.   I bought them recently & was excited to use them for this challenge as I could 'see' the shapes matching the inspiration photo.   However this card was also inspired by Miranda :)  

I embossed all the images with Silver and coloured with Tombow markers:  245, 249, 452, 493.     I stamped the large flower 3 times to decoupage the center pieces.   I used Mowed Lawn Distress Ink around the die cut (Spellbinder S4-143).  I  stamped the small flower at random on the blue card stock with Wisper Grey Colorbox Pigment ink.  The finishing touches includes silver border stickers & a few rhinestones.

And below is the gorgeous photo inspiration, wouldn't it be a wonderful place to visit ?   I've used the photo colours in my card, including the grey from the walkway in the silver embossing.   I see the curve of the cedars in the leaves and the same shape at the top of the structure openings on the points of flower petals.    


Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of the week !
Shirley

24 comments:

Karin said...

wow a beautiful card, love the colors and the stamps are also very beautiful! Enjoy your week!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Magbificent design, love the color combinations, very elegant card!
xox Anja

maria's knutselplezier said...

Gorgeouis Shirley, love the beautifull flowers on your card, and what a beautifull colour combi, I love it!!!

Greetings
Maria

Creations by Shirl said...

love those flowers.... Adorable card...

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, you've made a lovely card inspired by this photo and always fine to hear that I am an inspiration source for you! It's good to be an inspirational source and the world will be even more beautiful through all those fine creative people like you! You will also inspire many people and that's how the drop of water in the ocean causes the ripples.....warm greetz Mirandax

Gery said...

Shirley, what a beautiful colours you used.
And what a great card this became!
I have no words left only: STUNNING.
Groetjes Gery

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow this is stunning Shirley, beautiful colours that match the gorgeous photo perfectly. I have to confess to having these stamps from when they were launched and so far I've not inked them (I think it's about time they came out of the cupboard).

Sue x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Shirley this is marvelous work again. I do love the IO stamps. And the embossing is marvelous. this are my fav colors. Beautiful.
Lovely greet
Marja

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Your card is stunning Shirley (as always), and I am so pleased you joined us again at FYI.
Sylvia x

ALIX said...

In one word: SUPER!!!!
Love the coulours, and the silver-embossing...

Gr, ALix

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A wonderful card Shirley...the colors are so vibrant...and the stamps great!

greetings, Alie :-)

Sophie said...

Wow! Ich liebe diese Karte, wunderschön.

Die passende Farbe zum Arbeiten, liebe Shirley, wenn es zu heiß ist :-)

Liebe Grüße

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley, I love the colours! They capture the feel of the photo well. Beautiful detail on the bottom left flower face :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stunning embossing! Thanks for joining in at FYI~

cparsons said...

This is simply gorgeous Shirley, the colors you chose really highlight the images and the embossing!

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautifully done Shirley! A rockin' inspired card! The vibrancy of your colors and your embossing! That sentiment is so true! Hope your gardens are doing well and you are healing well!
hugs,
Ellen

Vicky said...

Hi Shirley, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely message. I have just had a good ol' nosey around your beautiful blog and your creations are gorgeous, so bright and colourful

hugs Vicky xxx

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow this is absolutely beautiful! What a very very pretty card!! LOVE those designs from CB very much, and just LOVE those soft blues very very much as well, what a great combination again! Really beautiful centre pieces on the flowers too, really looks great, and well well done with the shapes of the flowers and the colours in the card matching the inspiration photo! That is just the coolest thing! Well done again , my compliments!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

Shannon White said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Shirley! Love the Wonderful layered Blooms you created! Super take on the inspiration pic too! Such Lovely colors an so peaceful and serene! Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Michelle said...

Wow, Shirley, those flowers are stunning! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

dstandard said...

Your card is beautiful - love the flowers and the embossing! Thanks for playing at FYI!

Deanna said...

Wow this is just gorgeous!

craftystamper said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. Hope you win the challenge

rudlis said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the delicate and elegant cards. Thanks for joining in at FYI! Hope to see you again.