Thursday, June 27, 2013

Live in the Moment

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a great week.

I had some fun playing with the newer (wonderful) Dylusions ink colours and Design by Ryn stamps.  Of course I 'need' all the colours since I love using them so much.     The one I'm still missing is White Linen.   It's a semi opaque ink & works different that the others, it's fantastic.  So I decided I would try adding white Acrylic paint (not a heavy type) into a mini mister with water.  I shook it up and sprayed, the result is also a neat effect.


I started the background by spraying Calypso Teal, After Midnight Dylusions inks and some of the white Acrylic paint & water mix.   I stencilled over top with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink (bottom RH corner) and Peacock Feathers (top LH corner) and TCW mini Circle Explosion.

Next I stamped with white Colourbox Pigment Ink & Design by Ryn's fabulous Sea Bubbles.  And to finish the background I stamped part of her famous Water Droplets with black Stazon ink and highlighted with a white Gellyroll pen.

The fabulous quote is from Impression Obsession - D1379 Butterfly Counts, which makes me think about living in the moment.     

I stamped beautiful Selini the Moth on watercolour paper with Black Stazon and painted with Peacock Feathers & Picked Raspberry Distress Inks on my craft mat & a brush.   I also highlighted her with the white pen and cut her out to attach.


Thanks for stopping by,
Shirley 

24 comments:

Sue said...

I always love the colours you use Shirley they are always so vivid another gorgeous creation huggles Sue xx

Cathy said...

These colours are gorgeous, I could look at your card for ages there's so much to see and elements are all beautiful together, Cathy x

Miranda said...

Lovely mix of colours Shirley and great background with these stamps.The waterdroplet really pop out of the background and the quote with the butterfly is great! warm greet Mirandaxx

Karin said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and the selini stamp!
Groetjes karin

Gerrina said...

I think the white is working just as good as the spra-yink would do. The background is beautiful again! The droplets are stunning again! Hope you are having a fine week! Hugs, Gerrina

Sandy said...

So very pretty - the sea bubbles stamp is out of stock - oh boo hoo for me! The water droplets are divine - very pretty!
sandy

Creations by Shirl said...

Stunning art piece - love your dylusion inking!
TFS Shirley - you always take it the next level - awesome!

Donna Ellis said...

An interesting combination of art supplies, Shirley - and the effect IS stunning. Thanks for sharing your layering techniques. I especially like the sentiment on your card. If only I would constantly remember that it is the moments that matter - sometimes I worry about health issues and how it will affect my DH - but it is the moments that matter. Thank you for the precious reminder, my dear Canadian friend. And thank you, too, for my Shirley-fix today :-) xo

chrissie said...

Such a striking card Shirley-love the colours and images you used

Chrissie x

Ellen Taylor said...

I just love seeing those water drops Shirley! They look so real! Another stunningly vibrant creation! Have a fantastic day!
Hugs,
Ellen

Paula (PEP) said...

Terrific with the way the water drops echo the texture in your background & the way you've managed to get the stencilling, stamping & spraying to meld into a cohesive whole. I love the way the moth's spots are echoed by your Circle Explosion stencilling too. The weight of the deep blue at the bottom with the softer lighter aqua at the top gives a lovely balance to this.
Paula (PEP)

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Your drops give a special effect dear Shirley. This is again such a beautiful card with the fantastic butterfly.
Have a nice weekend and a big hug
Marja

Shannon White said...

Wow Shirley!! This is Soo Beautiful and Vibrant! Love the Wonderful mixed media feel of this and your Lovely butterfly too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Patricia said...

Beautifull colours, love the butterfly! Great work Shiley!
Greetz Patricia

Jeannette said...

Wow shirley,your card is amazing,beautiful design and colors,love these.

Happy weekend :-) Greetings Jeannette

Hillie said...

Hi Shirley! Thanks for visit on my blog and your nice compliment on my splash inkt cards! Warm greetings return from The Netherlands!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love the names of the inks you use, Shirley. White Linen gives me a great picture in my mind! The rich background you made is beautiful.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous zingy colours, love it! xx

Elaine said...

This is gorgeous Shirley. You really have the knack with those Dylusions. I love the way you have layered the different effects and stamping. The droplets, butterfly and that wonderful sentiment work brilliantly together. Elaine x

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow this is a really beautiful card again! I just love those nice colours in the background, nice combination! Selini the Moth is sooo beautiful! I love the way you coloured her and nice effects with the white! Well done!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

Greta said...

Gorgeous colors & wonderful card!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the new colours Shirley, this card is gorgeous and the moth such beautiful colours too.

Sue x

froebelsternchen said...

just amazing Shirley! an adorable piece!

Mary H. said...

One more fabulous art work to enjoy tonight. This is lovely. Thanks for the idea of mixing the acrylic to mist. (Could this be Helmuth, or just any 'not heavy' brand? gotta try this). As always, I'm lovin' those Ryn bubbles. Your highlights really brought them out. This is just beautiful. TFS