Monday, June 03, 2013

A Beautiful Day

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

Chocolate Baroque has launched two gorgeous rubber stamp sets featuring Peacock images.   Each design is more beautiful than the next, I love them all.    My first design using these new stamps features a beauty from the Tangled Peacock set.


The background is created with Dylusions inks, TCW stencil - mini Fleur DeLis and Viva green gold modelling creme.  I sprayed water over the stencil in the bottom left corner and blotted with a towel to get the 'ghost' effect.  The beautiful Peacock was embossed with gold and I painted with Tombow markers.  I cut out the first one and stamped it a second time to decoupage the feathers and wing.  The sentiment is from Loving Sentiments.      I'm giving this card to a dear friend who is turning 90 this month!

Here is a look at the two new A4 (full page) sets.   They are on special offer during the month of June, with even a bigger discount if you purchase both since it will be so difficult to choose just one:)



Thanks for visiting and if you have time please visit the Chocolate Baroque DT to see the beautiful designs by my talented teammates.  You won't be disappointed !

Have a great day,
Shirley

22 comments:

Patricia said...

WOW GEORGEOUS!!!!!
Beautiful the peacock's tail!
Greetz Patricia

chrissie said...

Wonderful card you made from the very beautiful images.

chrissie x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

WOW this is stunning Shirley, beautiful colours and I love the gold dimension in the corner. The peacock looks fantastic decoupaged. I ordered these at the weekend, hope they will arrive tomorrow.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

I absolutely love the way you used the Fleur de Lis stencil to echo the sahpe of the peacock's feathers - especially your layering of his tail. The colours are beautifully vibrant, the more so with your ghosting plus the white on the tail.
I had to stop & order my set.....
Paula (PEP)

Shona said...

Stunningly beautiful ! That peacock is so gorgeous, and I really love the part of the card where you just used water with the stencil. That is an amazing effect.
Do you teach through a store, and how often do you do classes ?

Gerrina said...

Love the way you build this card up! The feathers and wing are stunning this way! And again, your background is great. Have a creative week, Gerrina

Karin said...

Another stunner! Gorgeous colors i love the green in combination with the gold. The stamps are beautiful too!
Have a great week! Groetjes Karin

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Shirley, love how you combine colours.
Sandra

Wendy said...

So beautiful Shirley, love the layers in the tail feathers! I'm saving my pennies for these gorgeous stamps, I'd better get them whilst they are on offer! :) xxx

Felicie said...

This card is absolutely stunning Shirley.
Have a great week
Felicie

Lindeke said...

This is such a beautiful card!! I love the colors!! And the stamps are so beautiful!

curlypow said...

I can just see this one embroidered, can't you :) Lovely card Shirley.

Nan G said...

Wow! Love the way you used the stencil. Sort of a reverse/ghost image of the modeling paste by using water! Super cool. Peacock is stunning!

Shirley said...

Wow Shirley such gorgeous stamps and I adore what you have done with them. Love the embossed gold and the subtle colouring of the tail.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Donna Ellis said...

Oh! What beautiful sets, Shirley. I can imagine your enthusiasm when these arrived in your mail box! Love the layers, and gold embossing with the rich, lush feel of a garden setting. I am sitting up for brief periods of time, so treated myself to your blog. hugs, de

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous Shirley!!!

kind regards, Alie :-)

Barbara said...

Another fabulous card with those beautiful green shades, and the even more beautiful Peacock stamp......absolutely gorgeous xx

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
WOW WOW this is absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful peacock and his tail is indeed stunning! Such beautiful and detailed work on his tail; this is so nice to look at! Terrific colours too, love that green and gold! The ghost effect is great, I love that too! Very very well done!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

Janny Jager said...

Great and beautiful card Shirley .
The tail of the peacock is fabulous.

Greetings Janny

froebelsternchen said...

oh my gosh - what a majestic card?!
GORGEOUS!

Ellen Taylor said...

A real jaw dropper Shirley!! The vibrancy of the colors and the peacock~WOW!!!

Bonnie said...

OH, Shirley, this is GORGEOUS! Love the 3D effect!