Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Best Wishes with Crealies


Hello creative people, I hope you are doing well.  

Life here is very busy and I'm still taking a break from blogging, however I've had the pleasure to Guest Design again for the wonderful Crealies company.   I'm showing a couple of cards today that I designed using their beautiful dies and little stamps.  These were shown at the Crealies Blog yesterday.



The background was created with Distress Inks (China, Blueprint & Raspberry) and water on an acrylic plate.   I over stamped using the little hearts with Raspberry DI with Bits & Pieces stamp #50.  Using the circle stencil CLMM20 (which is temporarily out of stock) I added more contrast with first Blueprint DI and then white acrylic paint.

I coloured the flowers with the same Distress Inks and stamped the circles Bits & Pieces stamp #53 before molding them (using a stylus and foam mat) to create dimension.

The card has the lovely shape using theXXL Tag No. 7.   I folded the card stock before cutting and placed the edge of the die just past the fold to make a card in the die shape.


I also created a little gift tag to match.




I used the following Crealies  products to create the card above.

Crealies Dies/stansen:
  
Crealies Stamps/stempels:  

Set of 3 stansen no. 17 Bloemen 11 / Set of 3 dies no. 17 Flowers 11 Uno no. 35 Bloemen 17/ Flowers 17 Crea-Nest-Lies XXL Labels & Tags no. 7 with dots Crea-Nest-Lies Extreme Labels & Tags no. 7 with dots Text Die no. 08 Best wishes
Duo Dies no. 34 Blaadjes 4 / Leaves 4 Duo Dies no. 34A Blaadjes 4 spiegelbeeldig/ Leaves 4 mirror image Bits & Pieces no. 50 Bits & Pieces no. 53


For my second card below, I used a mixed media piece (with collage) for the background.  It has many layers including tissue, texture paste, Neocolour crayons, white and black acrylic paint. I like to 'decorate' mixed media backgrounds using die cut flowers, leaves and shapes.  I coloured the flowers with co-ordinating Distress Inks and spritzed the entire card with Gold Glimmermist.




I used the following Crealies products to create the card above:
Crealies Dies/Stansen:
Duo Dies no. 31 Blaadjes 1 / Leaves 1 Duo Dies no. 31A Blaadjes 1 spiegelbeeldig/ Leaves 1 mirror image
Set of 3 stansen no. 17 Bloemen 11 / Set of 3 dies no. 17 Flowers 11 Uno stans no. 17 Bloem 11 / Uno die no. 17 Flower 11


 

I hope you have enjoyed my designs for Crealies.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day,
Shirley

25 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful projects, love the look of these dies and the colours are fabulous, Cathy x

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning projects. Hope your heart is healing. Sending hugs Anesha

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic cards, enjoy your break, hugs, Valerie

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning cards Shirley, I love the shape of your firstone and the beautiful design and colours.
Your second card is so pretty with the gorgeous blooms, super colours too.
Pleased you had time to make and share these cards, Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

These are gorgeous Shirley, I love the colour combination on the tag and the wonderful flowers. I love all the embellishments you've added too.

Sue xx

Pat said...

Two really pretty creations Shirley, and I love the blue and purple tag shaped csrd, and then the clashing pinks and oranges, and all the flowers and embellishments by Crealies are really pretty, and you have added lots of interest in the backgrounds with some great stencilling too. x

Miranda said...

Wow Shirley, you sure did honor the Crealies products, your creations with them are so beautiful! hugs from across....Miranda xxx

Darnell said...

You know I'm partial to the blues and greens, but ALL of these creations take my breath away, Shirley! They are so fortunate to have you as a Guest Designer!! Happy Easter!! Hugs, Darnell

syy said...

I love all of your cards but especially the techniques you have used for this on. It is really stunning. You come up with great ideas. Sylvia

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Shirley , you made really beautiful cards , great colours and how you use these flower!!!Wonderful!!
Have fun !!
Maria

kaybee said...

Those tag dies are fab, I love the edging details. Fabulous colours as usual from you too!

Gerrina said...

Allways so good to see your creations on the Crealiesblog! It really is fun to see how different the Guest design team and the DT work!
Love both, but a slight favorite is the first; those colours I like so much! Great to see how beaiutiful your flowers look! Enjoy spring and all the beautiful little things that come onto your path! Hugs, Gerrina

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what wonderful compositions and the color combination is also marvellous!
Big hugs Anja

Margik said...

Really wonderful creations, the designs and the combination of colors are super!
Mar xx

Enny said...

Oh, such beautiful cards, they're wonderful Shirley ! The tag shaped card is extra special, but both are so colourful and beautifully embellished ! Wishing you wonderful Easter days ! Enny

Karin said...

beautiful creations! Happy easter!
Groetjes Karin x

SewPaperPaint said...

These really are amazing products! You make me want to shop and I am on a spending diet. Tee hee, lol! Super mixed media makes and how I love those exquisite flowers of yours! WOW! Hugs, Autumn

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What beautiful cards and tag, Shirley...it's a delight to see you back with the post and get my fix of your wonderful colour and design! xo

Greta said...

My jaw is on the floor! Stunning work, Shirley! I especially love the first project with the gorgeous color combo, background & flowers! Wishing you & your family a lovely Easter!

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Wow, Two beautiful cards, such lovely backgrounds and the flowers are stunning. Love the colours. Janny Xxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your backgrounds and flowers are so delightful. Your backgrounds always rock my world. Congrats on the designer spot. Well deserved. Hugs.

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful cards Shirley, love the shape of the first one.
Have a lovely Easter
Avril xx

froebelsternchen said...

I missed this great post! Amazing makes Shirley!

Little Artbee said...

Two very nice art pieces , my favourite is the blue Tag, but the background of the orange card is amazing too. I hope you feel fine. I missed you in Blogland.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

sheila 77 said...

These 3D flowers are sensational and I love the magically-named colours you use.
Hope you are having a lovely break.