Sunday, October 18, 2015

Serena the Christmas Angel

Hello creative people, I hope you had a great weekend.

I could not resist ordering some of the new Chocolate Baroque Christmas stamps including the gorgeous Christmas Angel Serena.  The actual image has Christmas Roses at the LH bottom corner but I've changed it a little by adding the die cut Poinsettias over them.




I stamped Serena with Majestic Blue Versafine ink over a background that I created using Distress Inks (Wilted Violet and Peacock Feathers) with water on my craft mat.  Using a brush I added water to her face and neck and highlights and then blotted with a paper towel to remove the ink.   I coloured her with Prisma pencils and added white highlights with a pen.

I coloured the Spellbinder die cut Poinsettias with Distress Inks (Picked Rasberry & Wilted Violet).  I use a small finger dauber when adding ink to die cut flowers.  I molded them with a stylus on  the back on a foam mat.  I added beads to the centres with Glossy Accents.  The frame is also a Spellbinder die cut.


This is the actual stamp image:



Here is a closer look at the flowers, I used clear Wink of Stella to add glitter to them.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day,
Shirley

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work, beautiful colours. Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

Lovely image, lovely colours and the added flowers work beautifully Shirley.

Hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Crafting Queen said...

Love your card, the addition of the die cut flowers really works. Hope Archie finds something to cat when he has outside time. :) Have a great day.

Wendy said...

Beautiful Shirley! Gorgeous colours and I love your pretty flowers! Xx

Annette P.-L. said...

Just wonderful! I really like that wonderful card with its pretty flowers! Beautiful colours, too!
Hugs, Annette

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Lovely card, en wonderful flowers. Greetings Janny

Gerrina said...

Some how totally hooked on the CB-stamps? :) This one is a beauty with those colours. And agaib such beautiful flowers! Hugs, Gerrina

Zoe said...

Wow that's pretty Shirley, very Serene lol xx Zoe xx

Sue said...

So gorgeous Shirley beautiful colours..huggles Sue xx

chrissie said...

Stunning card with such beautiful colours and gorgeous flowers

Love Chrissie x

Pat said...

This is so beautiful Shirley and the CB lady looks fantastic with the colours you have used and the pretty pink poinsettias give it lots of dimension and love the black bead centres, and she does appear to have a poinsettia in her hair so really complementary too. Hope you've had a good weekend. Take care. x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Shirley! She is beautifully colored, of course, and you have used amazing background mediums, but more than anything else, I am immersed in the peace on her face, and the colors you have utilized to capture that peace and make it radiate right into the viewer! Thanks so much for sharing your special design today! hugs, de

Sandy said...

Serena sure is serene - Beautifully made and of course with such pretty colors. Shirley I think it is about time for you to make a scary Halloween card!!!!!!
Sandy xx

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUtiful card Shirley, she is surely a gorgeous and colours are fabulous.xx

Greta said...

For now, this is my favorite! You never cease to amaze me, Shirley!

Margik said...

Wow... Shirley! What a beautiful image! This is a gorgeous design.
Mar xx

Anneke said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for showing.

Miranda said...

Hi teamie, she is lovely and you made her even more lovely! hugs, Miranda xx

Enny said...

What a beautiful card, lovely colors and flowers and the frame is gorgeous ! Hope you are fine. Greetings, Enny

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a beautifully soft and lovely card, Shirley, and I'm very much liking your poinsettia additions! Have a great weekend waaaaay over there! xo