I have a card to show today that was great fun creating. I gained the inspiration to start using mixed media again from Astrid's gorgeous artwork and detailed tutorials.
I started with mixed media card stock and took the following steps to create this card design:
- Covered with Tim Holtz tissue using gel gloss medium and wrinkled when adhering (see Tim Holtz's January Tag)
- Painted with Distress Paints, spritzed with water
- Sprayed with Distress Spray, spritzed with water
- Stenciled circles using white acrylic paint
- Added outline to circles with black Neo-colour crayon, blended with water & brush
- Covered background with Gel Medium
- I distressed the edge and painted with black acrylic paint
The Tattered Blossoms (dies with co-ordinating stamps) by Heartfelt Creations were coloured with Distress Ink and 3D Stamp Paint. The centre is tiny beads adhered with Glossy Accents. Branch die cut is by Tim Holtz - Sizzix, coated with clear Glimmer Glaze.
'Art' is from Chocolate Baroque's Artistic Expressions set, coloured with Distress Spray and painted with Distress Crackle paint
I'm joining the challenge at The Mixed Media Card Challenge, as my card fits the theme - this is the first time I've used Distress Sprays over Distress Paint and I used tissue in the background.
I've also used the Tattered Blossoms stamp for the first time so this card qualifies to join into the fun challenge over at Darnell's Blog- Never Before Used Stuff Challenge
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day,