Sunday, November 16, 2014

Celtic Stars

Hello everyone, I hope your week is going well.

I have four designs today using Design by Ryn's beautiful Celtic Stars.   Each star is available individually, cling mounted and they are all part of the unmounted Winter Collection.  These amaxing designs are hand drawn by the very talented Ryn.

My first design features Celtic Star 1 (currently on sale 50% off this month).


I started the background by stamping a small star from the Celtic Star Set with white pigment ink and embossing with clear.  The colour is a mix Dylusions spray and Distress inks.  I used a Memory Box stencil to create the small circles with pigment ink and glitter embossing powder.   I painted with Crackle paint over top.  The Celtic Star was embossed with silver and painted with Tombow markers.


Next up is Celtic Star 2:


The background is Tattered Rose Distress Spray.  I used a Memory Box stencil and Tea Dye Distress Ink to create the pattern.  I also stamped along the edge with retired Climbing Vine.

Next is Celtic Star 3:


The background looks like a Gelli Plate print to me, but it's not.   I used this sheet to 'mop up' ink off the background of the top card.  it created blotches where the embossing resisted the ink.  I also used the top of the stencil that I used on the top card turned over and stamped onto the background.  The star was embossed with silver and painted with Tombow markers.

And finally is Celtic Star 4, also on sale this month,  the background is a cleaner style:


I used pigment inks blended over stars that were stamped with white ink.  I used the darker ink to stamp again in the background.  It's hard to see the 'ghost' effect in this photo above.  The star was stamped with Cobalt Archival ink and coloured with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink (using water on an Acrylic sheet., I 'need' the spray in this colour :)).

And here is a close up of Celtic Star 1 and the background where you can see the effect of the Distress Crackle paste:


The sentiments are by Chocolate Baroque.

Thanks for your visit and have a great day,
Shirley

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What gorgeous cads! The celtic stars are beautiful Love the colours you used, too. Hugs, Valerie

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow this cards looks wonderfull dear Shirley I really love them all great backgrounds did yoy create and the Celtic Star from Ryn look so great on them!!!

Greetings
Maria

chrissie said...

All are beautiful cards and great use of the stamps on your wonderful backgrounds.

Love Chrissie xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh my goodness, they all look amazing! What a wonderful collection, those stars make the most wonderful stamped embellishments for your card, love the gorgeous colours and beautiful backgrounds on them all too!

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful cards, lovely backgrounds.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Four stunning cards Shirley, they are all so wonderful I can't make up my mind which one I like best. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Sue xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a nice results with the Celtic star Shirley...great!
Enjoy your Sunday, Alie :-)

Janny's Cards Creations said...

You have make beautiful cards with the celtic stamp. Janny

froebelsternchen said...

GORGEOUS cards dear Shirley!

Pat said...

All these are gorgeous and what a profusion of lovely backgrounds in such an array of pretty colours. I love them all but that ghostly sort of background with the stars appearing quite softly out of the background is my favourite. I love the pink of the watered down Seedless Preserves DI too. x

Sue said...

Totally stunning Shirley! huggles Sue xxx

Gerrina said...

Beautiful backgrounds for this great star! Good to see that you use extra paper to mop the extra pint up. A great serie and another four made... Hope you have a good week, I think my ink is dry again, so up to more inky fingers...

Karin said...

Gorgeous cards, great colors and love those celtic stars!
Groetjes Karin x

Annemie said...

What are these beautiful cards, Shirley!
And gorgeous backgrounds... I do not know which one to choose :-)

Greetings,
Annemie.

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley, thanks so much for this post and for what you wrote :) I think anyone who receives a card from you for Christmas is rich. These are all little treasures. Beautiful layering and embossing in these. Love em' all!!!!!!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what a beautiful collection of christmas cards. Love how you combined all details and the coloring.
Big hugs Anja

sheila 77 said...

What a lovely collection and as always your backgrounds are full of interest and colour.

~*~Patty S said...

Your cards are all so lovely...
those greens and blues are some of my favorite colors and the Celtic stars are beautiful too.
I am not surprised that even your mop up papers are special and they certainly make perfect backgrounds!
oxo

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous cards Shirley, lovely stamps and colours...hope you have settled into your new home.
aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

Greta said...

Love the stars & love your cards, Shirley!

Annette P.-L. said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! I love your celtic stars! Beautifully done!
Greetings, LonettA