Thursday, November 13, 2014

Autumn Edges

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I have a couple of  vibrant designs to show using Chocolate Baroque's fabulous new Autumn Edges.  I love the colours of Fall, but they are fading here :(



The leaves at the top are from Autumn Poppy and the Mushrooms from Autumn Edges.

I used Distress Sprays in the background and bleached out some of the stamped areas and painted with Distress Inks. (using a craft mat, brush & water).  The outlining is with a white pen.  I added glitter to the 'ground'.  The sentiment is from Amazing Birthday.

The flower die cuts are by Crealie which I coloured first with Distress inks and then painted over with Glimmer Glaze.  

And below is the 2nd leafy design :)



I painted the leaf edge stamp from Autumn edges (in the middle of the card) with Tom Bow markers, spritzed a with a little water and stamped on white card stock.

The background is Persimmon & Raspberry Distress Inks using an acrylic block and water.   I over stamped with a leaf from Autumn Poppy.

Happy Birthday from Birthday Words and the small solid leaf border were stamped with Cocoa dye ink.   The fabulous leaf die cuts are from Impression Obsession which I coloured with Distress Inks.

Thanks for your visit and have a great day,
Shirleyx

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic card, and I love those mushrooms! Great colours again. Hugs, Valerie

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card, love the colours and your backgrounds.

Astrid Maclean said...

Beautiful, both of them! The colours remind me of the beautiful photo f your old garden (your blog header) so suitable for the theme!

chrissie said...

Both of the cards are stunning Shirley. I love the flowers on the first one and the mix of colours you used for them

Love Chrissie x

Karin said...

Beautiful, both of them!
Groetjes Karin x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Both cards are great makes Shirley...but I can't resist the joy of the first card...great bright scenery: touching!
Greetings,
Alie :-)

Sophie said...

Wunderschön, Shirley.
Ich bin total verliebt in diese herrlichen Pilze :-)
Tolle Arbeiten hast du wieder gemacht.

Herzlichst Sophie xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two stunning cards Shirley. I love the colours and the mushrooms on the first and the gorgeous leaf die cuts on the second. Hope you're having a great week?

Sue xx

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Fabulous cards ... Love that background and the colours...specially the first card. Janny

Donna Ellis said...

Once again you have taken my soul away to Shirley's Land of Enchantment! HOW GORGEOUS the garden of your soul must be, my friend, to come up with these fabulous creations. I love the first card especially with the intense colors and beautiful white highlights. What brand of white pen do you use? Thanks for transporting me, once again, into your magical land of Nature. hugs, de

Gerrina said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the Autumncolours. Those toodstools look great in these colours! Hope you're having a good week, hugs, Gerrina

Annie said...

Simply stunning makes Shirley. I adore the colours and beautiful layouts. So sorry I have not been a regular visitor....life hectic at the moment.

TFS and hugs Annie x

Pat said...

These are both beautiful Shirley and the colours wonderfully vibrant. Those toadstools and leaves look great with the white pen which looks a little like morning dew or a touch of frost maybe, also love the added flowers, and the second with the die cut leaves and the band of leaves across the middle finish the card perfectly. Love those gems too. Hope the upcoming weekend is a good one! x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Dear Shirley, both cards are wonderful autumn art work. I love the first most cause I love the white outlines so much and the whole stamp combination is grandiose, but also the second is a fabulous autumn sample!
Big hugs Anja

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation Shirley love this stamp and colours are just gorgeous.xx

The Journey is the Start

Annemie said...

Two beautiful autumn cards, Shirley!
I love the warm autumn colors. The top card is my favorite :-)

Have a nice weekend, greetings
Annemie

sheila 77 said...

Fabulous backgrounds and deep colours and I love the way you have used the white outlining.

Greta said...

These are beautiful, Shirley!

Anja v K@@rten said...

I'l love it!!!! The first card the most :-) Creatieve groetjes, Anja

Ina G said...

What stunning creations Shirley. Love popping in to see what beauty you have created.