Sunday, September 29, 2013

Poinsettia Edges

Hello everyone,  I hope you are doing well.   I have a long post today so you might want a cup of something while you are reading :)

Chocolate Baroque has announced several new beautiful Christmas stamp sets:   Winter and Christmas Edges and Reindeer Landscape (which is the stamp of the month for October)

The following three cards all feature the Poinsettia Edge from Christmas Edges.   The new Edge stamps are fantastic, I love them (yes I know I say that about ALL of CB's designs, it's true I'm 'in Love').


I started with Distress Inks (Festive Berries & Fired Brick) using the Acrylic Block technique.   I over stamped the background using the Mistletoe fragment (another favourite from Pears & Baubles ) with Festive Berries Distress Ink.      I embossed the Poinsettia edge from Christmas Edges along with JOY from Bold Christmas Words on separate cardstock with deep purple powder and coloured with Festive Berries Distress Ink using water & a brush.   I decoupaged all three images and adhered along with purple ribbon onto the background.  I also added lots of stickles in the flower centers.


While I was working with the Poinsettia Edge, I kept seeing leaves from the Bold Bloom and Tangled Garden sets in the petals.   I thought I would try to make a poinsettia from the leaves and below is what I came up with :)

 

For the card above I started with Evergreen Bough and Pine Needles Distress Ink using the Acrylic Block technique.  I stamped around all the edges using the Poinsettia edge with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink.   Merry Christmas is from the fabulous Bold Christmas Words set.    The Holly Flourish die cut is Cheery Lynn B148.   I embossed the leaves from Bold Bloom & Tangled Garden with gold along with the flower center from one of the flowers from Tangled garden.  I painted the flower petals & leaves with Tom Bow markers and used lots of stickles on the petals & liquid pearls in the center.

When I was working on the card above my sweet handsome male cat (adopted from a shelter, it was also love at first sight) jumped up on my desk.  He frequently walks around my desks to see what I'm working on and then rolls around on top of my mess doing his 'cute act' to get my attention.  I cannot resist rubbing his furry belly & chin and he knows it :) 

My Furry Assistant


My last card for today was a 'quick make' as I used some glittery designer paper from my stash.


I stamped the Poinsettia Edge from Christmas Edges and Sentiment from Bold Christmas Words onto white cardstock with Memento Rhubarb Stalk Dye Ink.   I layered as shown and added a bow & stickles.  

Here is a look at the beautiful Winter Edges and Christmas Edges, available individually or as a multi-buy offer.



If you get a chance, please stop by CB's Design Team Blog to see what my talented teammates are up to.
  
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Shirleyx

36 comments:

Jeannette said...

WOW,love your Amazing christmas card,love the Beautiful colors and backround.

warm greetings Jeannette

Nan G said...

Gorgeous! All of them just fab! Even mr. assistant is pretty fab or should that be, handsomely fab?!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful cards made those wonderful new stamps, and your assistant is evidently enjoying her work, too! Valerie

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning cards, I just love that second hard, so striking. Your furry little helper is so adorable. Skipper sends purrs.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a lovely warm wintercards Shirley....and your furry assistant shall be a great inspiration for you.
He still looks like a brother of our male cat Alex....(with the same attitudes) :-)

sheila 77 said...

Your Christmas cards are so wonderful, colourful and artistic. I do like the flower with the 3D petals, very clever and beautifully painted. It must make your work easier when you have such a charming crafting assistant.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love all of these wonderful Christmas cards Shirley, especially the second one. I had just decided that I did not need anymore stamps, and Glenda does it again, she brings out more stamps that I just have to have. If only she could provide more hours in the day.

Sue x

Anneke said...

These Christmas cards look gorgeous. Love the colors that you have used. What a beautiful stamps. Have to think about buying them too. Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautiful cards with the again , lovely stamps from CB !!! I really love those stamps a lot!!

Greetings
Maria

Shirley said...

They all look pure joy to me Shirley especially your furry assistant.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Wendy said...

A beautiful collection of cards Shirley, and a gorgeous assistant you have!! Hope you are having a lovely weekend. xxx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Dear Shirley,
amazing stamped christmas cards, love how you used the beautiful C.B stamps.
Adorable as always,
big hugs Anja

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Shirley (first - LOVE your helping kitty! so cute!) You create such special cards, Shirley - they truly are magical in every way. Your fantasy poinsettia flowers are pure magic! Lots of pretty color and texture - I wonder if you have part fairy in your blood because your designs are lovely, awe-inspiring, and so happily colored! The new stamp sets are beautiful. No one you are in love with them! hugs, de

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oooh Shirley - I LOVE these beautiful Christmas cards - the CB border stamps are fabulous - I can see why you are "in love"!! I think my favourite would probably be the card with the large Poinsettia which you created with the Garden stamp set - totally awesome!

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Shona said...

Tee He He ! I may have dog fur in my glue, but I bet you have cat hair in your ink !! Lovely cards, my favorite is the one where you made a poinsettia from leaves. That poinsettia is both gorgeous and funky. Love it !!

Corine van Kuilenburg said...

WOW! I really love these cards! They are sooo beautiful.

Gery said...

As you adviced - first I poured in a cup of coffee - second I took a good look at all the new and old stamps - third I leaned back and enjoyed your cardmaking. It was gorgeous and beautiful to see what you made and to read how you did it.
Realy beautiful work, Shirley and by the way: I LOVE YOUR CUTE CAT!
Groetjes Gery

Di said...

Absolutely wonderful cards Shirley. I love them all! A big hug to your furry assistant! Di xx

Paula (PEP) said...

An amazing array - I marvel at how you get such large areas of the acrylic block background without the edges of your block in evidence.
Your furry assistant looks like good company - I'm amazed he's not some shade of ink.
My favourite of your samples is that middle one where you created the poinsettia from the Bold Blooms & Tangled Garden sets.
Your final card is another stunner - the embossing shine looks super in the background too.
Paula (PEP)

Bonnie said...

Three very different but equally beautiful cards! Like Paula, I marvel at how you can get such wonderful coverage with the acrylic block!

Shannon White said...

Wow!! these are so Beautiful Beautiful Shirley! Love the pretty and vibrant BG's and Lovely poinsettias too! And I see your Furry Assistant in full Assistant mode!! lol He's a Sweetie for sure! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Sunday
Shannon

Darnell said...

Lots of yumminess on this post, Shirley!! There are Christmas cards and then there are YOUR Christmas cards! These are stunning beyond words!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

I am new at your blog visiting. Very nice work you do Wow!.

I joined the group of entries twice a week. My entry is over at my blog for Blue.

Diane said...

Wonderful card designs, nice to have such a cute assistant.

Regards diane

Sandy said...

I sure am glad you assistant is not a watch cat!!!!
All three of your cards are so pretty Shirley but I have to tell you, your green card is out of this world beautiful - a real wowzer!!!
Sandy

Eileen said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards and a wonderful assistant ... hope your well Shirley.
Eileen xxxx

Annie said...

I love all of your cards Shirley :-)
The fab layers on the first one are beautiful. The second is my favourite, from the wonderful colours and layering.

TFS and for visiting earlier.

Have a wonderful week

Annie x

Karin said...

love your assistent
and the cards are very beautiful!
Have a great week!
Groetjes Karin x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful cards you have made dear Shirley. So gorgeous. My fav is the second one. Marvelous.
Lovely greet and big hug
Marja

Patricia said...

What a loveley assistant do you have....lol your cards are realy BEATIFULL!!!
greetz Patricia

Gerrina said...

Love the bright colours and designs on the first and second card! The third card is a little bit like the first idea I got by seeing this new stampset...great to see that you made this! Have a good week, Gerrina

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'm smitten with your kitten! (love my little rhyme? hee hee) What a cutie pie. :)

Your Christmas card is BEAUTIFUL, Shirley! Wow! Now, if only you could crank those out en masse for many recipients, right? I'm sure this one-of-a-kind beauty will be treasured long after Christmas.

MaryH said...

You get a lot of "WOWs" on your cards I know, but that's all I can say...about each of them. Even your simple card...didn't look 'simple'. I'm loving these stamps and especially what they turn into, in your hands! Love the colors you chose to use and the techniques. These added such beauty to an already beautiful set of stamps. I especially liked the leaf-poinsettia and what you did with that stamp. TFS & Hugs.

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous cards here again Shirley, I love how you use colour and loads of texture in your creations, brilliant work!! Gay xx
p.s furry helper could put in a little help, I mean well !!!!! snoozing on the job!!!

Ellen Taylor said...

I am loving the poinsettia border! you have really showed the versatility of it~ My fav is the green background~Just magical!!! Have a fabulous weekend my creative friend!!
Hugs
Ellen

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow, beautiful Christmas cards here! I love the poinsetta designs and each one is so pretty!! They all have such a nice look and terrific colours again! I cannot choose a favourite, haha, I love them all!!
LOVE your furry assistant too! :)
Well done again, super cards!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)