Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Autumn Fairies

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

Chocolate Baroque has just introduced their Autumn Fairy Collection, the first of a series of Seasonal Fairy sets.  They are all so beautiful and a joy to work with.   

I have two cards today to show you using the three Autumn sets.    I'm on a 'blue theme' with these Fairies.


My background (above) started with texture using light molding paste with TCW - Cell Theory stencil and when dry, spraying Dylusions (purple & turquoise) inks.    I used images from all three Autumn sets, stamped with black Stazon Ink.   I masked the mushrooms, used bleach to remove the ink and added purple Dylusions.  I also added glitter around the texture.   The Fairy is from the September Fairy set which I stamped and embossed with black on separate card stock, decoupaged and adhered over the background.   I added pink stickles to her wings.   Wish upon a Star is from Words of Inspiration.


The background (above) is again using Dylusions spray inks (Midnight, Teal & Linen).   Using TCW - Circle Explosion stencil I sprayed more Linen ink.  I added a little pattern as well from TCW-Solace stencil using Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.    I stamped the bubbles from Decorative Edges with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.

I used Black Stazon Ink for the rest of the stamping and also highlighted with a white Gelly Roll Pen.  The mushrooms were masked and bleached a little again.    The mushrooms, branches at the top & butterfly are from November Fairy and the Fairy is from September Fairy.   The interesting flower along the edges is from Poppy Meadow.  I painted the mushrooms and wings with Purple Dylusions & water.

Here is a look at the three DL(third sheet) sets that are available individually or as a multi-buy special.   Also for a limited time, if you purchase all three sets, Chocolate Baroque is offering their Autumn Fairy Inspirations Leaflet (digital download) free.    The leaflet features 'never been seen' designs by the DT with complete instructions and more.   

Also new are Fairyland Words available individually or as a group.

If you have a chance, please visit Chocolate Baroque's Design Team Blog, where you will find lots of inspiration from my talented teammates.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Shirley

34 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow, Shirley, I really love both cards , but the first one looks so mysterious that it is my favorite, very wel done, the admoshere is so special!!!Great colours too!!

Greetings
Maria

Creations by Shirl said...

This would look so darn pretty in a frame hanging on wall. My fave from yours yet Shirley!

Karin said...

Wow they are gorgeous! The backgrounds are fabulous, the first one is my favorite.
Have a great day!
Groetjes karin

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful beautiful creation Shirley!
stunning! Lot of interests on one card! I loved the way you have used so many techniques here! thanks for sharing the details :)
nagaonkarshilpa.blogspot.in

Shirley said...

Both are gorgeous Shirley, more magical mystery. I wonder what she is saying to the butterfly?

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Patricia said...

GEORGEOUS fairys on a GREAT background!
Greetz Patricia

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece with gorgeous colours! Valerie

chrissie said...

Wonderful colours Shirley and textures on the first card are amazing

Chrissie x

Felicie said...

They are both absolutely stunning Shirley.Great background.
Greetings
Felicie

Claudia said...

They are gorgeous! The background is fantastic and the colours... wonderful.

brenda said...

You should carry a public health warning Shirley because you can guess exactly what I am off to do now !

Both are so pretty but the first in particular where you have achieve the effect of light coming up through the undergrowth.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow Shirley these two are stunning. I love the colours and textue on the first, and the colours and stamping on the second. If I had not already got mine I would be off to order now.

Hope you're having a great week.

Sue x

Di said...

Oh Shirley these are absolutely gorgeous. The backgrounds, especially on the first one, are amazing. Lovely stamps too but I must stop buying craft stuff or we'll have to move to a bigger house!! I so look forward to your posts and seeing what you will come up with next!! Di xx

Gerrina said...

Two beautiful cards! At the first the pink seems to lighting up! It catches your eye right in to the card... These stamps are super the settings you made so dreamy... Have a good week, warm greetings, Gerrina

Paula (PEP) said...

The amazing layers in both of these give such a superbly atmospheric sense to each, the bottom one especially & I love the way your fairy appears to be having a conversation with the butterfly. Striking that the two layouts with similar colours can look so different.
Paula (PEP)

sheila 77 said...

You have a magical way with stamps and paint. These two are wonderful, beautifully composed and painted.

Wendy said...

So beautiful Shirley! Love the illusion of light in these cards, so magical! xxx

Lindeke said...

Oh wauw, two gorgeous cards Shirley!
And I just love the Wish upon a star card!! Gr, Linda

Sue said...

Oh my Shirley I totally love your work its amazing and the colours are always superb huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nan G said...

I saw these and wasn't too about them but now seeing your makes! Oh wow! I might become a fairy fan! psst I did get the Halloween sets. ;)

Nicecrane Designs said...

Sooo stunning colors,,,,Shirley, i am falling in lovw with yhour background my friend,and the way the rubber stamps are showcase,,,,,inspired me to create a new sheet.....love them-

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such stunning backgrounds Shirley!
The cute fairy looks great on it with her sparkling wings

Rosie said...

wow, both are sooo gorgeous, Shirley, have a wonderful weekend

Ellen Taylor said...

Wow Shirley! That is some serious creativity coming out of your craft room! Both are stunning but the first on just looks like a magical universe that you created!!~WOW!!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
Hugs
Ellen

Donna Ellis said...

Oh Shirley, you really must do some children's books. These are amazing! Looks like one is the joy of early morning's dawn, while the other is the magic of a moonlit light with starry magnificence. You always create the most magical scenes into worlds of fantasy and color! hugs, de

froebelsternchen said...

they are amazing Shirley! Have a nice weekend!

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous, blueish creations Shirley, I love the texture you made on the first and the drama of your second card!! Love them, hugs Gay x

Bärbel said...

Eine bezaubernd schöne Feenwelt und wunderbare Stempel!
Liebe Grüße, Bärbel

Sandy said...

Both of these cards are so beautiful Shirley! I know where fairies live - they live in your cards!
Sandy

MaryH said...

WOW! on both of these lovely cards. You have so many different techniques going to create the wonderful textures & images on each card. They fairly sparkle off the pc monitor. The fairy silhouette is so mysterious against the glowing colors. Just marvelous cards. TFS & Hugs

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

What an amazing composition. Love the beautiful textured backgrounds, the color combinations and the fabulous stamps fits perfect together.
Warm embrace Anja

friemelchen said...

Was für bezaubernde Motive und deine Karten sind ein Traum, richtig märchenhaft!
lg Uli

Bonnie said...

Two very different looks with changing the background color just a bit and adding the butterfly! She looks like she's having a conversation with him.

Ryn Tanaka said...

Ooooo!!! These are just magical Shirley! I especially love the colour and texture work in the first. Gorgeous cards!!!