Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Designs by Ryn for Christmas

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.   

Thank you for your much appreciated responses to my question about photo editing software, I will research your valuable input.

I have been in Christmas card 'mode' and below is one that I created using Designs by Ryn's fabulous stamps :) 

The background was created with Brusho powders spritzed with water.  When dry I over stamped with Celtic Star 2.   I stamped & embossed Seaweed Set around the background with a white & glitter power which created nice branches for Christmas :)

The ornaments were created using Brushos on Spellbinder die cuts which I stamped with a couple of images from Celtic Star Set.   The little hanger die cuts are from a Memory Box set.

I added a little holograph circle sticker in the center of the ornaments.  I wanted to add some nice bling but I was keeping this one flat for mailing.


Thanks for stopping by.  I will get back around to your blogs soon but  life around here is still unusually busy.

Shirley

17 comments:

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley, great idea to use the Celtic Stars inside each ornament. They're a perfect fit! Also like the border that you created with Seaweed Set. They look a bit like ice covered branches. Thank you :)

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful card with its frosty touch. I love the Christmas balls with the nice ornaments on it. Great!
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Janny's Cards Creations said...

I love this card. Beautiful Shirley, Greetings Janny

Pat said...

This is so clever and really beautiful Shirley. Ryn's stamps look great here and I adore the white seaweed like snowy branches, and the baubles with the snowflakes inside are so pretty. Lovely colours with the blue and purple too. x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Shirley, I love the way you've used the seaweed around the edges.

Sue xx

Donna Ellis said...

Genius idea to use the seaweed like icy tree branches, Shirley! Lovely cool colors in your background with the Brushos, and the stamped textures, too. Gorgeous ornaments. I can see why this was so much fun to make. Wishing you a happy early weekend! XXOO

brenda said...

Always love your work with this lovely colour palette Shirley, a beautiful creation.

B x

Greta said...

Love the background with those beautiful snowy branches & the ornaments are gorgeous! Wonderful card, Shirley & love that it's flat for mailing! Sending hugs, Greta

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What glorious imagery and colour on this card, Shirley. As always, you create to the perfection of expert level. Pure delight!

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful card Shirley! BEAUTIFUL!

Gerrina said...

Such a great way to use the seeweedbranches! Works perfect in white for christmas! HUgs, Gerrina

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Saw this on FB. I don't know how I missed it. Such a beautiful card. You really have a way with the colours you use.

sheila 77 said...

The stars look great inside the ornaments, what a good idea. Nice work with the silver seaweed "branches" too.

Mrs.B said...

Love the colour palette of your card and the ornaments look stunning.
Avril xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great card , I love these beautiful colours !!
Have a great day!!
greetings
Maria

Enny said...

OMG, is missed this one ! It's absolutely gorgeous, beautiful colours, beautiful stamps, and the seaweed as branches is a great idea ! Love, Enny

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wow, those branches in particular really make the background on this wonderful card...I am always in awe of your terrific creations! xo