Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Flowers

Good Evening !

We are enjoying warmer than normal temperatures in this area.   Our snow has melted (yay !) and I've had a chance to get out into the gardens to start pruning and admire crocus that are blooming.   We normally wait until April for this treat !

The warm weather motivated this simple card for Spring.    It's a challenge for me to create cards without a 3D image, but I've been inspired by looking at the elegant cards posted at  Less is More's Blog.   I love creations that are 'fussy' but also appreciate Clean & Simple.      At some point I would like to enter some of their challenges.  
 


The background behind the tulip was created using the stamp kissing technique (again).   I covered Impression Obsession's Solid Cover a Card with Colour Box Moss Green pigment ink.   I used a flower from the Hero Art flower set CL428 and covered it with Boysenberry Colour Box pigment ink and then 'kissed' the two stamps.  Using the Cover a Card stamp I then applied the image to white cardstock.   Over this I stamped the tulip from the Hero Art Set CL427 and embossed with deep purple powder.   I coloured the tulip a little with Prisma Pencils.    I used dark plum & vibrant moss green cardstock to compliment the stamping.   A little ribbon and rhinestones were added for the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you are enjoying nice weather where you live !
Shirley

8 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Nice that the snow has melted and your garden to see again.
Beautiful to see your kissing background dear Shirley and the card is marvelous. Beautiful flowers and of course the Dutch tulip.
Lovely greet
Marja

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley,
You've made a lovely spring card! You can smell the spring in the air here and sometimes it's already very sunny!Good thing about challenging yourself.....I find it sometimes hard to put less on my card and always admire the LIM cards! warm greet Miranda

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Shirley, the tulips in my garden are getting ready to flower. A lovely background as always. I really like the LIM style, but find it very hard to achieve.

Sue x

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautifully done!Your kissed flowers are terrific as are your colors! I was a little jealous when you said you had signs life in your garden when we have heavy snowfall, after a couple of days of melting snow, I discovered my tulips and daffodils are peeking out of the ground close to the house ~yippee!! the trucks are on my street now clearing the giant pile of snow from last week away. Won't be long for green grass to appear again Marvelous card girl! Enjoy the sunshine and have a fab day!!

Ted and Helen Howard said...

Lovely Shirley and I am so lucky because I actually was able to see your card up close and the picture doesn't do it justice.As Always your card is superb.
Hugs
Helen

Saakje said...

Hi Shirley Beautiful spring card. We had a few spring-smelling days.
Always a promise for all the new life in spring and summer.
Your B.G. is again so nice. I will try the kissinmg technique. Did not have time so much for stamping.
TAKE GOOD CARE greetz,, Saakje

cparsons said...

Shirley I LOVE the color combination!! I really feels like spring. I'm going to have to try that kissing technique.
Carole
http;//scmagnolia.blogspot.com

Donna Ellis said...

Shirley, what a wonderful technique to create fantastic dimension! It was 88 here today. Eighty-eight degrees in March! hmmm obviously, those gorgeous tulips don't grow here. Your card is simply beautiful.