I have a design today that features another gorgeous Hummingbird from Designs by Ryn and a couple of her amazing water effects stamps.
Background: I blended Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Cracked Pistachio Distress Inks using an acrylic block and water. I added Fozzilized Amber and Mowed Lawn DI with Design by Ryn's Japanese Anemone stencil. I also used a small Magenta dotty and Ryn's Flower Lace stamps with Mowed Lawn but it's hard to see the lace.
Main images: I used VersaFine, Olympia Green, for the main stamping. I stamped the Hummingbird from Hummingbird 1 unmounted sheet separately, coloured with Tombow markers, cut him out and attached. I also stamped with Ryn's Hanging Droplet Set and Trickling Water 2 which are available mounted individually or in unmounted sets.
The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque's beautiful Pretty Poppy stamp set.
TIP: How to make Designs by Ryn's water effects stamps appear more 3D:
- Stamp the image with permanent ink
- Brush a little water over top of the droplet area
- Blot water off with a paper towel to remove some of the colour. I used Distress Inks in the background which are water soluble and will lift up with water and paper towel.
- When dry add highlights with either a white Gelly Roll, Uni-ball or Acrylic pen. On the card above I used a Molotow white acrylic paint pen than Ryn recommended at her Facebook Page.
- Sometimes I add a little colour back into the water droplets but I did not above
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day,