Friday, December 19, 2014

Colourful Steampunk under the Sea

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I'm back with another Steampunk under water design using the fabulous new stamps by Chocolate Baroque.  I used both Steampunk Sea World and Steampunk Funky Fish stamp sets.


I used Dylusions inks in the background including white.   I blended Distress ink over a Cog stencil by TCW and stamped using the bubbles from the Decorative Edges set with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.

The rest of the images were stamped with Cobalt Archival ink, bleached out and painted with Dylusions inks.  I highlighted with several metallic and white Gellyroll pens.  The curly top designs at the bottom are from a stamp in the Punky Flower set.

Thanks for your visit and have a great day,
Shirleyx

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic and fun card! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Wonderful card Shirley. I love how you have coloured the stamping

Chrissie x

sheila 77 said...

Love your Fabulous Fishes in their Steampunk Sea with the Colourful Cogs.
Super artwork, Shirley, love the creative way you use these bare stamps.

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card!!!

brenda said...

I've probably said before that I love blue and green as a colour combo and this is no exception.

have a good weekend.

B x

Janny's Cards Creations said...

And yet another beautiful card with the beautiful stamps. Greetings Janny

MaryH said...

Not sure if my 1st comment published, so I'll try again. Love the background on this card, very evocative of the watery scene, and so festive with the stamps you've chosen, with the coloring & gel pens. The stencil was so subtle,but such a nice texture. Steampunk can be festive the way you've done it on this beautiful card. TFS, Hugs & Merry Christmas.

Margik said...

Wonderful card, Shirley, I love love this design and the amazing colours.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and a Happy New Year!!! Hugs, Mar

Gerrina said...

Beautiful with your favorite colours and so many little details in the background! The beautiful stamps look like they work so well with your colours! Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

Pat said...

This is absolutely beautiful Shirley and all the different elements work together perfectly. I love the colours you have used and the cogs stencilled in the background with the bubbles stamp and then the images at the bottom with the sea bed foliage and the fish are so pretty. Do have a lovely Christmas. x

Greta said...

What a fun creation, Shirley!