Friday, November 25, 2011

Flowers & Lace

Good morning !     I worked on some cards for Designs by Ryn this week and thought I would post one today that is a diversion from Christmas cards !    This card was created using an inking technique (smooshing) that I learned in a Cathie Allen class last month.   


The stamp I used is Flower Lace which is beautiful with the delicate lace around the flower.   This stamp is great for backgrounds, but I also used it for the main image.

I used a heavy white card stock and stamped out the flower (by smooshing) with first ice blue, then wisteria and finally blue iris chalk inks.   The final images were stamped using Midnight Blue pigment ink and then embossed with clear.  I stamped an extra flower with the midnight blue ink, embossed with clear,  cut it out and popped it up.    I added a few rhinestones, pearl spray and the Best Wishes sentiment (I used distress ink to colour) for the final touches !

Colourbox Inks:  Petal Point chalk set - Blossom Pastels and Midnight Blue Pigment.
Distress Ink:  Milled Lavender 
Spellbinder Nestabilities : Labels Twenty-Three S4-348
Stamp:  Flower Lace 2 CM-T5 by Designs by Ryn


Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by !
Shirley

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the smoothing !! Beautiful colors too. The lace is so elegant too !

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, gorgeous card and colours! Like that smooshing technique....is there a tutorial on the web anywhere that you know of?
have a nice weekend, warm greetz Miranda

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Shirley this card is fabulous. Like these smooshing technique very much. The colors are gorgeous.
lovely greet Marja

Saakje said...

Hi Shirley,
What a gorgeous card!!
I love the way the lace really looks like actual lace!
You are a very talented lady and I look forward to seeing your next creation!
Greetings from Saakje

Alda said...

Wow.... love that stamp!! Love the card!! Wish we could craft together!!
XOXO Alda

Shirley said...

Love your smooshing technique BG! The image is beautiful and the card is outstanding, as always! That is a great image. I like how you also layered it! Lovely!

Donna Ellis said...

What a wonderful talent you have, Shirley! I've been browsing your unique designs - soooo lovely, colorful and GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing your talent in photos!